Sorry guys - I forgot (update 02/03/08)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Sorry guys - I forgot (update 02/03/08)

Post by Ysabel Kid »

To take some pictures of my masterpieces!

When the wife and kids were making Christmas cookies almost a month ago I came out of my office for a break to help them decorate a few. They were doing gingerbread men, and I decorated three.

The first one held a levergun!

The second sported a brace of revolvers.

The last held a scoped rifle.

My son and daughter loved them. My wife just rolled her eyes. :roll:

Somewhere along the line though they met their fate, and before I could post some pictures!!! :wink:
Last edited by Ysabel Kid on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

This post needs photos!!!!!!!! :D
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Well, I bet they tasted good, guns and all!!!! Art :D
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry guys - I forgot.

This is the best I can do - the gingerbread house my wife and I built with the kids. :D

LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Yeah, my wife doesn't understand about guns.

I went over 10 years from when we were first married without buying another gun.--Insanity!

Come to think of it, my first major gift to her was a Remington .22 rifle--BEFORE we were married. She used to go shooting with me, but somehow....

In the past 17 or so years, I've purchased firearms for my three sons and for myself. The other day, I was admiring a rifle on the internet. She saw the photo. "You're not buying another gun, are you?!"

She doesn't understand that there will always be at least a handful of rifles and handguns that I "need." No matter how many I have, nor how recently I've purchased one, it is always time to be scheming on another one or two or three....

I'm tempted to call her over to the computer when some of you fellows show photos of your collections. To let her know I don't really have that awful many. But I know it would be futile. She would not see that I need to catch up!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Way to go. Not enough people anymore that do things like this as a family, including my wife. It may not seem like a big deal at the time, but just raking the yard together, decorating Christmas cookies together, and just being together makes a lot of difference.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Kid, that is some great artwork, BUT, it looks good enough to EAT!!! jd45
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

That is one Fine looking Ginger Bread House! All we need to go with it is a Pot of Railroad Coffee :)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We had a lot of fun decorated it. Problem now is the rest of the Christmas cookies and pastries are almost gone (my wife makes 60-70 dozen during the season - most of which are given to family and friends, though I do have a few pounds to work off!), and now the kids want to eat the gingerbread house! It has been sitting out for a month - and I'm sure it is stale and hard as a rock.

I think it would make a nice target in the back yard, and the squirrels can eat what it left of it after the Red Ryders do their thing!!! :wink:
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

My wife made so much chocolate stuff the christmas before last, I no longer care for chocolate covered almonds.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, the ol' Christmas gingerbread house bit the dust this afternoon. It's demise was not by Red Ryder, as I originally thought, but instead via firecrackers!

It was a ton of fun - for my kids and this big kid!!!
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Sounds like good quality family time... Congrats!

:wink:
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Squirrels gotta eat, so do the ants... :wink:
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Nice.
spurgon
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Well, the ol' Christmas gingerbread house bit the dust this afternoon. It's demise was not by Red Ryder, as I originally thought, but instead via firecrackers!
I remember when my friends and I decided we'd outgrown our plastic toy soldiers, so we staged their 'final battle' and used rubber-band guns, firecrackers, and lighter-fluid (flame throwers) to do them in. It was sort of sad, and not environmentally friendly, but still lots of fun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "