Elk

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Elk

Post by BigSky56 »

Coming back from shooting about a mile from the house ran into a small herd of 10 cows and calves ,one old dry cow if I get lucky and draw a cow tag I'll put her in the larder this season. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Elk

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Glad to know there are still elk left. I went on a Bear hunt last month. Fly into Missoula and went out Route 12 to the Clearwater area of Idaho (unit 12). I hunted all week, just saw the 2 bears I shot (smaller than my 2005 hunt!) and not a single live elk or deer. But lots of skeletons across the woods! I heard wolves howling just after dusk, they got to be thick on the Idaho/Montana border :cry: !!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

very nice....
gotta get up there someday!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Theres alot of wolves around I can hear them 3 or 4 times a week behind my place and the elk and deer herds are suffering,this herd was up to 25 cows in the last 2 years they been hit pretty hard Iam glad they were delisted. danny
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You wait, not too much longer, I am going to post our N.M. elk herd, taken with my new Canon.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

time to bring back the bounty on those critters
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I would like the ability to buy a tag and shoot one. It would make a nice rug. Ideally, the states should be able to manage them. But you know how the feds and the greenies are, they think they know better than the folks who live there.
timkelley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by timkelley »

Feds and greenies are idiots. Too many wolves around here, hard on Elk, Deer, and Cattle.
Thanx, Tim Kelley
NRA Life
SFC US Army Ret.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

In British Columbia no tag needed for a resident to shoot a wolf :D
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Kelley,Ive hunted both sides of the border of ID & MT from I90 to the Canadian border the wolves are bad bad bad it will be up to the local boys to deal with this mess. danny
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

BigSky56 wrote:Kelley,Ive hunted both sides of the border of ID & MT from I90 to the Canadian border the wolves are bad bad bad it will be up to the local boys to deal with this mess. danny
The old saying, "Shoot-Shovel-Shut-up" comes to mind. Much the same as the tactics used here in CA for Mountain Lions.
ED
Yer never too old