7 AM on the J Bar T

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

7 AM on the J Bar T

Post by JimT »

8.8 degrees with a light wind.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jim, Thanks for the warning. Everytime you post some kind of nasty weather, us boys here in Pa. get it 2 days later. Well, I got to bring in some extra wood. Hope you freeze :D ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have the woodpile in the house, the fire going, coffee on and am only going out whenever I need to.

Maybe it'll go south of you?
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

That's not what they're saying. Temps in the low 20's for the next few days, teens at night. I need to winterize that outboard....
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

JimT wrote:I have the woodpile in the house, the fire going, coffee on and am only going out whenever I need to.

It is 25 here this morning. Plenty cold enough for we'uns in the sunny south... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I had to blow my lane out twice yesterday and it looks like I need to take out another drift this morning. I have to confess that my wife and I like a decent winter with plenty of cold and lots of snow. Both of us grew up further North where we had half-decent winters where the snow lasted at least 4 months and often 5 and the temperatures were often 20 or 30 degrees below zero and sometimes 40 below. Now that we live in central Ontario we've been getting poor excuses for winter until this year. This one is great and we're really enjoying it.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Well, we're suffering here from the heat. It's currently 75* and a projected high of 81*. Terrible weather. We had to turn the fan on last night so we could sleep.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It was -5 here this morning, but calm. Weather forecast says we should get to 40 today and maybe hit the 50's by friday. :D The ol cows could sure use a good warmup. Sounds like it goes back to winter Sunday night with a system rolling thru about every 3 days after that. :?
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:shock:
It's supposed to be in the 70's here.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

We had a COOL -8 this morning, -20 wind chill. 11 AM now and it's warmed up.....to 1 above. 8)

Dennis.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

We had +4 degrees this morning here in central Indiana, but the high is supposed to be in the 50's on Sunday, go figure.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well I see Jim that you took that picture of your remote readout and not the glass thermometer by the barn. SMART MOVE!

Right now temps here are at 50° but tonight is reported to be 36°. I went to JAX last night and had a pretty heavy headwind all night, enough that I could feel it buffeting the truck. MY second run took me to Clearwater which requires crossing a large bridge with an approach on each side. As I was on the approach water from Tampa Bay was hitting the sea walls and splashing up so the wind could carry the spray across the shoulder of the road and three lanes of traffic. Gusts of 25-30 MPH by my best guess. you might cal it the Florida version of a snow drift. We just can't shovel it.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Lloyd Smale
Levergunner

Post by Lloyd Smale »

snow plow just went by for the second time today!!
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

Yesterday it was in the 20's with a strong wind. Today, its t-shirt weather and I went out and grilled burgers. If you dont like Oklahoma weather , just wait 5 minutes.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

We're predicted -4c here tomorrow Jim, don't know what that is in F. Just know its damm cold in the w'shop tonight.

Mark
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It's cool here in northern CA, too. Today's high was 56, with more low 50s expected through the rest of the week. Supposed storms on the way, which means only one thing to me. DUCKS!!! :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

JimT wrote:I have the woodpile in the house, the fire going, coffee on and am only going out whenever I need to.

NO!!! That would put it on top of me.

Currently 23* and headed for 16 tonight. The coldest so far this winter.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

AmBraCol wrote:Well, we're suffering here from the heat. It's currently 75* and a projected high of 81*. Terrible weather. We had to turn the fan on last night so we could sleep.
I'll take that all year long over the 20s-30s we have right now. Cold weather isn't part of my nature... :wink:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Uh Oh, it's 10:20 PM and 36° right now. we have the whole night to go yet.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's even cold here (in SC) - only hit 40 today and the wind-chill made it feel like the high 20's. I'm glad I got the outside Christmas decorations in yesterday!!! :wink:
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Well,

It's 18* right now (3:00pm), and supposed to be 4* tonight. We haven't had school yet this week.....I teach....sometimes :D
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Weather report from Carson City, Nv.

Post by LeverBob »

Jan.3, 08.... pull out Ranger 4x4 for fun in the snow! :D :D :D Fill oil lamps, set propane stove. Plenty of matches. Firewood, batteries....good to go. Fire off wood stove, set BIG pot of beans on stove.

Tonight: Blizzard weather front moving in-worst in 20 yrs.:
15 D. low...2 ft. snow in the valleys, 100 mph wind in the passes, 70+ at the valley floor. 10 to 12' snow in the Sierra's.....purrfect!

Friday, more snow, same wind, same temp. High of 28 D. 1-2' more snow.

Saturday, New front moves in. (teach Kenpo in CC-use Ranger in 4 wheel drive to get to classes). Studs help! More wind & snow.

Sunday...third front moves in...same ol' same ol'...cuddle with wife of 35 yrs. (heh, heh!). Watch football games (if power is on)....watch cayuses play in the snow...awesome. Go to private range in Ranger (chains) with buddy...blow off .45's in heavy wind. (Deflection shooting practice).

Monday....dig out and ride subs hard to get job done. 8) 8) Afternoon: go run the hills with buddy in snow mobiles. Chase rabbits & yotes' :D :D :D Shoot when necessary...lol!

Super weekend.

LeverBob
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

5 below this morning. Already 3 below now and dropping.
I bettin' 10 degrees the wrong side of the goose egg
come morning. I've heard this December was the 3rd snowiest
in Maine since they've been keepin' track of such things.

I always say it's cold out when I sniff and the snot in my
nose freezes. (Ain't no arguin' with THAT definition of COLD!)
:lol:

Still, you folks in the south have my sympathies. I spent some
time in Mississippi in the USAF, and 25 (above!) down there is
like the end of the world if it last more'n a day or two. Most
southerners aren't quite used to real winter cold.

Good luck to the orange growers - I hope the chill isn't to bad
or too long for 'em