Can't say enough good about Skinner Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Can't say enough good about Skinner Sights

Post by handyrandyrc »

www.skinnersights.com -- I can't say enough good about Dr. Tim Skinner. Great guy to work with, who is a retired Dr. and now makes sights on a lathe and mill at home. His sights mount on 1894 and 1895 Marlins, most of which go on the rear receiver, close to the eye.

I put one on my Mossberg lever, and now my Ruger 10/22. Both are outstanding. Didn't know how much of a difference in BOTH speed and accuracy a peep makes until now. If you dislike the aperture, you can unscrew it and it becomes a 'ghost ring', for even more acquisition speed. He can also make the aperture smaller or larger, depending on your preference.

Here are a couple of photos of the Skinner Sight (this is the lo-pro model) on my Mossberg 464.

One more thing I have to add... Dr. Skinner will make it right! He sent me the wrong threaded lo-pro for my 10-22. It was threaded 8-40 pitch -- standard for the Marlins. I needed it 6-48 pitch. I dropped him an e-mail and he has the correct one on the way this morning. Can't beat his customer service.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Can't say enough good about Skinner Sights

Post by 66GTO »

I have Skinner peep sights on my Marlin 1894 and 16" Rossi 92 and love them. I put a brass peep on my 92 and love the way it looks.

As said, Dr. Tim will make it right if it ain't right. I had a problem with the front sight he sent for my Marlin and he sent me a new front site, no questions asked. Great service and a great product.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a Skinner sight on my 1895GS, and it works. I can't ask for anything better for my purposes.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
_n4z_
Levergunner

Post by _n4z_ »

I'll chime in for Skinner, two big thumbs up. Got a front/rear set for my 1894c month or so back and love them.

Check this out ... I emailed back and forth a couple times with the Doc over a weekend, little question and answer diddy. When I heard all I needed and told him I was sold, he offered to put the things in the mail for me Monday. My personal check for the sights was going in the mail to his location on the same Monday! :o

Product ship prior to payment, not C.O.D.??? That is service unheard of in any recent history I've been a part of.

Top notch stuff people. 8)
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

I wonder if that sight could be used on 92s where Nate Kiowa Jone/Steve Young replaces the safety with a plug. It just needs one hole D&T'd, correct?
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

NonPCnraRN wrote:I wonder if that sight could be used on 92s where Nate Kiowa Jone/Steve Young replaces the safety with a plug. It just needs one hole D&T'd, correct?
I don't know about that, but Tim Skinner makes a dovetail mount peep that will fit the Rossi 92 rear dovetail. Like I said earlier, I had him make mine in brass.

Not a Rossi 92, but this is the same sight:
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

66GTO wrote:
NonPCnraRN wrote:I wonder if that sight could be used on 92s where Nate Kiowa Jone/Steve Young replaces the safety with a plug. It just needs one hole D&T'd, correct?
I don't know about that, but Tim Skinner makes a dovetail mount peep that will fit the Rossi 92 rear dovetail. Like I said earlier, I had him make mine in brass.

Not a Rossi 92, but this is the same sight:
I'm at the reading glasses stage and need the peep sight as close to my eye as possible w/o being a tang sight.
I was thinking of a Williams FP receiver sight till I saw this.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

He makes great and inexpensive front post sights also and in any post thickness you might want. After a little file work they look pretty good too!

I have his brass rear sight and blue front sight on my 1894CB in .357 and really like them.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

got the brass front sight on my 1894c, the brass gives it a nice bit of cachet.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

El Chivo wrote:got the brass front sight on my 1894c, the brass gives it a nice bit of cachet.
That sounds like a good idea. How about some pictures?

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good guy, Good stuff !!! :D
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

I have a set of Dr Skinners compact dovetail mounted peeps and a front blade on my Rossi .357 . The dovetail on my rifle was a little oversized and he made it to a custom size to fit . Cant talk highly enough of the service I got - 8 days from placing my order to my letterbox , in Australia !

regards Jacko