Marlin Loading Gate Screw?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Marlin Loading Gate Screw?

Post by cjm135 »

I was unloading my Marlin 1894 through the loading gate when the spring screw broke. What thread and size is the Loading Spring Screw?
Last edited by cjm135 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Not sure of the size right now, but a call to Marlin will get you a new one in about a week, no charge.
Don't ask me how I know :oops:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Get two while you're at it.

There is an old voodoo thing that goes like this: Any part you have a spare for won't break.
At least I've never had one break that I had a spare for.

I'm beginning to feel really left out. I've never had a loading gate screw break, or loosen up on me. Matter of fact the only one I ever replaced was a buggered up one on an ancient 1894 Winchester.
Oh wait, I have spare loading gate screws ..... :wink: , yep, that's it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

I'm a bit surprised it lasted this long given the screw is so small. My gate had a strong spring to it. Is there a way to make it open easier? I'm guessing if I can get a shim washer between the receiver and the gate that would take some of the umph out of it. My concern is that the screw is very short and any shim would take away from the thread engagement. Any other ideas?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

You could thin it some to take some spring out of it. Dont leave any cross ways scratches in it to be a stress riser to start a crack. :)
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

I broke one on my new 94c the first time I shot it. Called Marlin and had two of them sent. I got them in two days.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.