Trip to Cabela's Friday night...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Trip to Cabela's Friday night...

Post by L_Kilkenny »

We made a 2 hour road trip to Cabelas to see if we could score on some ammo and reloading supplies. Powder and primers being out main targets. First thing we walked by was the rimfire ammo which was pretty well stocked and we grabbed 150 rounds of Velocitors for coon callin. Then we proceeded to look high and low for powders and primers. After about 10 min of searching the isles we spy some shotgun primers on a self above their reloading press display. We continued on down the mostly empty shelf and found they still had about 8500 CCI large rifle primers. That was it. We grabbed up 3000 and proceeded to look for powder. About 5 min latter we pass the primer isle again and see that the remaining 1000ct. boxes of CCI's are now gone. 5 min latter and the last 5 100ct boxes are gone.

We finally found powder but they didn't have unique or sr4759. The only other powder that they had we were interested in was H380 but we wanted a big jug and all they had was one 1lb jug. We talked a bit with the help and were told that they had received a truck with primers and powder on thurs night and that most of it had sold out that day. They had started the day with a full shelf plus of primers.

Did score some .32 mag and 22-250 brass though and some other assorted goodies. They also had a 500ct. of 115gr 32-20 hard cast for around $35. Kick myself for not buying them :cry:

The moral of the story......You see what you need, grab it fast it won't last long!

LK
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Trip to Cabela's Friday night...

Post by RIHMFIRE »

your not kidding!
I have to order everthing on line...
or go to a gun show....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Trip to Cabela's Friday night...

Post by Streetstar »

you gotta strike fast nowadays , thats for sure. I nailed the last 3 550 packs of .22 LR at a local Wally today while i was picking up somedoor and window caulk myself ! :D
----- Doug