OT but not really...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

OT but not really...

Post by bigbore442001 »

http://www.jonmuir.com/

I was fascinated after reading more about this individual. This man crossed the continent of Australia solo from north to south. From what I understand he did have two firearms, a 22 lr and a 303.

It is fantasy time.

What would you take if you were to emulate his journey, regarding a lever action firearm.

I wonder if one could get away with one lever action rifle. Something that you can use for small and medium game? I was thinking if it were me, I'd use a Marlin 44 magnum or maybe something like the .218 Bee. It seems that you would be eating a lot of small game like rabbit as well as some kangaroo. Anyone else want to chime in?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to carry a nice Ruger Single Six convertable,stainless for the rabbit part but I am not sure if the government would allow it.
shawn45
Levergunner

Re: OT but not really...

Post by shawn45 »

Bisley 22 single six and a 4 3/4 inch 454. Already have both and can carry both easily on the belt.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

marlin's A 22 anmd then a 375 8)
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Probably a single six in 22LR and a Win. '94 in 30-30. Actually I'd be more worried about all the things that bite than I would about anything else.
Old Law Dawg
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

To do anything of note that requires the use of firearms and self reliance would require the dissolution of most of today's governments. They are simply too restrictive and intrusive.

However if there was no restrictions on firearms and hunting, I think I'd take a Mdl 94 in 30-30 and several different types of ammo. Along with Crocodile Dundee's big knife.

The way I look at it, that's a loooooooonnngggg walk and I really don't want to carry any more than I have to.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Most of the guns I'd want to take are banned in Australia :evil: , but leaving aside that consideration, if I'm correct that there's nothing there 'dangerous' as in grizzly or lion type critters, I'd not feel I needed anything bigger than .44 Mag.

Option one (if my hunting would be critters less than 75 lbs.) - Ruger lever action 96/22 (.22 LR) for game, and .44 Mag Redhawk or .357 Speed Six or .357 SP101 depending on weight I'd want to carry.

Option two (bigger hunting plans) - 1894 Marlin in .357 or .44 Mag levergun, and maybe a .22LR Ruger semiauto for odds and ends.

Option three (only one gun) - Either the Marlin levergun or the Ruger Redhawk, in .44 Magnum.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "