A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Post by DBW »

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/ ... A-004a.jpg

Once loaded click to enlarge. These Marines don't look happy to have to BS slung at them.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Ysabel Kid

Re: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My son asked why their were military men and women behind BS-O during one of his recent speeches (the one on us tucking our tail and giving the terrorists an exact date to hold out until). I explained that our military is large a professional force, and these people honor the office, if not the person.

His two word reply? "That stinks!"

He understands BS-O pretty good!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

We must never forget that this man was one of the primary players in subverting the success of these very men/women in Iraq. Him, Clinton and the whole gaggle of the Left...taking down any positive notion of what our Men have done there, lest it give Bush or the Right any credit. They poo-pooed the President and the Surge at every point imaginable and unimaginable(even when the only option was to win), which led to demoralizing our troops and giving strength to our enemy. Forgive, but Never forget! In four years this man has to get gone.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

There's a lady, third row down in front of the top right window that's flipping him the bird...At least I hope it's on purpose :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That will be my new desktop background at work! (Hey, it's "patriotic" - who can compalin :twisted: ) :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I have never seen such antagonistic facial expressions on military personal when the president was speaking. They do not like him at all.
I'll bet they are a captive audience .... literally.

Question for those who know. In the lower left quadrant of the picture there is a group of soldiers in black uniforms. What branch are they from?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

J Miller wrote:
Question for those who know. In the lower left quadrant of the picture there is a group of soldiers in black uniforms. What branch are they from?

Joe

Me thinks Navy.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

yes, those are Navy folks. The gal with her eyes closed is a 2nd Class Petty Officer (i.e, E-5). The guy next to her is also a Petty Officer, but I can't see what rank. Both have a few ribbons, and you can see a breast insignia badge above the ribbons, though the picture quality isn't good enough to see what community the insignia represents.
4 people to the left of the guy is a young gal in a black uniform, she is also Navy.

Cheers,

Carl
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

new pig hunter wrote:yes, those are Navy folks. The gal with her eyes closed is a 2nd Class Petty Officer (i.e, E-5). The guy next to her is also a Petty Officer, but I can't see what rank. Both have a few ribbons, and you can see a breast insignia badge above the ribbons, though the picture quality isn't good enough to see what community the insignia represents.
4 people to the left of the guy is a young gal in a black uniform, she is also Navy.

Cheers,

Carl
I wasn't sure. I got out of USAF in '87 when BDU's were just coming online and haven't kept up with the changes in uniforms since. While I was stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City I pulled security on the E3 AWACS. On occassion we'd have Canadians, Brits and Aussies pulling flight duty on the birds as well. Every once in a while NATO E3's would drop in from the sky as well so I'd get to meet up with folks from those member nations aboard the birds. The Navy established a unit for their then new E6's at the south end of the air base that I got to pull security on as well just prior to my going civvy.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

DBW wrote:
J Miller wrote:

Joe

Me thinks Navy.
Yep Swabbies.
From being a member of a captive audience in the Marine Corps I feel the pain that they showed on their faces. Other then that I cann't comment.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Quite a few sailors in there. The guys in blue coveralls are sailors, and the big guy in khakis is a chief, I am guessing from the rough shape of his collar device. He could be an Ensign (O-1) I suppose.

EDIT What's up with Mr. Kool? Even if I wore sunglasses, I would take them off if I were in front of the Commander in Chief.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Otto wrote:EDIT What's up with Mr. Kool? Even if I wore sunglasses, I would take them off if I were in front of the Commander in Chief.
Its easier to sleep if they cann't see your eyes. :wink: :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

If you check out the "cool guys" nose, it looks like he might have been burned severly at one time, maybe the glasses are covering up something he doesn't want to show.

About 5 rows down from the middle window sits this guy. Now, I'm not critizing, but he doesn't seem to "fit" in with the rest of this crowd.
pops.jpg
Since I have no military background, I'm asking. A CO or higher ranking officer wouldn't be dressed like all the other enlisted would he? What say you.?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Officer?

Tough crowd! :mrgreen:
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

deerwhacker444 wrote:If you check out the "cool guys" nose, it looks like he might have been burned severly at one time, maybe the glasses are covering up something he doesn't want to show.

About 5 rows down from the middle window sits this guy. Now, I'm not critizing, but he doesn't seem to "fit" in with the rest of this crowd.
pops.jpg
Since I have no military background, I'm asking. A CO or higher ranking officer wouldn't be dressed like all the other enlisted would he? What say you.?
In most cases, yes, he would be wearing the same basic uniform as everybody else.

Just above the President's hand, and just to the left of his hand, are some officers. They can be identified by their shiny collar devices. Enlisted Marines wear subdued (black) collar devices on this uniform.

Where his right elbow would be, the viewer's left, someone is wearing a dress uniform. All that can be seen is the ribbon rack.
EDIT When I say "the viewer's left" of course I mean the viewer's right...
Last edited by Otto on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Jreed,

In the upper left corner, between the stairwell and the roof support, are three, maybe four guys in woodlands. You guys aren't still wearing these are you? Maybe they're Airmen, or foreign military.

Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

It certainly is worth a thousand words :!: :!: :!:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Contrast this with the genuine enthusiasm and delight with which our service personnel greeted President Bush during his visits...

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Otto wrote:Jreed,

In the upper left corner, between the stairwell and the roof support, are three, maybe four guys in woodlands. You guys aren't still wearing these are you? Maybe they're Airmen, or foreign military.
Not Marines. I bet they are Navy that aren't with the Fleet Marine Forces.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

John in MS wrote:Contrast this with the genuine enthusiasm and delight with which our service personnel greeted President Bush during his visits...

John

What bothers me is that it is never reported how our Servicemembers voted...it's hidden like a dirty little secret by the general mass media. The voice of these men and women should be heard and considered far and above us puke bag civilians, as these are the ones who have put their lives on the line for our freedom. This needs to change, along with this administration!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Ya know, if looks could kill, we'd be complaining about what President Biden is doing now.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

deerwhacker444 wrote:If you check out the "cool guys" nose, it looks like he might have been burned severly at one time, maybe the glasses are covering up something he doesn't want to show.

pops.jpg

He looks a lot like General George S. Patton, Jr.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

They look real enthusiastic about telling them how he is going to sell them out. That their buddies died for nothing. Just another freakin Clinton in the White house.

:x :x :x :x :x :x
Last edited by Pathfinder09 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Except for the uniform and the haircut, that could be any branch of the military. That picture is a perfect illustration of what warriors think of cowards. I wonder how wet Obama's leg was after that speech.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

deleted
Last edited by Otto on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rifleman152000
Levergunner

Post by rifleman152000 »

just hang on guys and gals tell we can get a new congress in there. personally i don't like the man or his policies (i think he is a closet marxist), but calling him kunta kintea is just plain wrong and doesn't help our side. keep the race card out of the discussion, it gives the left more fuel. and gives credence to their claim that if you disagree with him you are just a redneck racist. i don't care about the color of his skin, if we could have a black ronald reagan, i would vote over and over for him, kinda like what acorn did for obama.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

rifleman152000 wrote:just hang on guys and gals tell we can get a new congress in there. personally i don't like the man or his policies (i think he is a closet marxist), but calling him kunta kintea is just plain wrong and doesn't help our side. keep the race card out of the discussion, it gives the left more fuel. and gives credence to their claim that if you disagree with him you are just a redneck racist. i don't care about the color of his skin, if we could have a black ronald reagan, i would vote over and over for him, kinda like what acorn did for obama.
Yes indeed. And the other side needs to be reminded that they are the ones focused on race; many electing a man because he was a certain color as if that gave him some merit, and ignorinig the empty shirt that he is. The last time that one's race made one automatically worthy was Germany 1933-45. Go figure!
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

I appologize, I stand corrected.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I have a friend who was in the Army when Slick Willie was president. Soldiers were ordered not to insult the president when he came around. I have heard that Slick finally, after 8 years, came to respect the military. Perhaps the new messiah will do the same...
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:There's a lady, third row down in front of the top right window that's flipping him the bird...At least I hope it's on purpose :lol:
I believe that's her "index" finger. And the blue coverall types would be Airedales of some stripe, most likely Air Force types... I suspect the Navy types are either Corpsmen or Supply types. The Col. (that looks like an oakleaf), looks as bored as the troops...
And during VN, combat troops whether officer or enlisted wore the black insignias... All support troops present? A few civilians also...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Griff wrote: The blue coverall types would be Airedales of some stripe, most likely Air Force types... I suspect the Navy types are either Corpsmen or Supply types. The Col. (that looks like an oakleaf), looks as bored as the troops...
And during VN, combat troops whether officer or enlisted wore the black insignias... All support troops present? A few civilians also...
Those look just like the blue coveralls we wore in the navy, circa 2000, except we wore white t-shirts. These gentlemen are wearing blue t-shirts. Hmm, not sure. Maybe you're right. I know there have been alot of uniform changes in the past 3 or 4 years.

I don't know about Marines, but Army officers wear subdued rank in the field, and shiny in garrison. Well, they used to. ACU's are subdued only.

JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I was pretty lucky to not encounter any "important" people while I was in the Navy. I'd have fallen asleep.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:I have a friend who was in the Army when Slick Willie was president. Soldiers were ordered not to insult the president when he came around. I have heard that Slick finally, after 8 years, came to respect the military. Perhaps the new messiah will do the same...
His wife never respected the military and the guys I know that worked the White House back then say she showed nothing but contempt for our sevrice members. Now she is the Sec of State not a good thing INHO.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

C. Cash wrote:
John in MS wrote:Contrast this with the genuine enthusiasm and delight with which our service personnel greeted President Bush during his visits...

John

What bothers me is that it is never reported how our Servicemembers voted...it's hidden like a dirty little secret by the general mass media. The voice of these men and women should be heard and considered far and above us puke bag civilians, as these are the ones who have put their lives on the line for our freedom. This needs to change, along with this administration!
We are not alowed to make public statements in regards to the government but I will say he didnt get as many of the military votes that he would have wanted :wink:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

For another thing, those Men and Women didn't just line up at 0900hrs to hear a 0930 speach.....they were up at the buttcrack of dawn, gone over with a finetooth comb and they more than likely waited for hours in that hot *** before the show began....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV