Humor - The Flatlander

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Humor - The Flatlander

Post by Blaine »

A flatlander (I think a blogger from VA :mrgreen: ) walks into a hardware store and asks for a chain saw that will cut 6 trees in one hour. The salesman recommends the top of the line model. The flatlander is suitably impressed, and buys it.
The next day he brings it back and says, "This chainsaw is defective. It would only cut down 1 tree and it took ALL DAY!"
The salesman takes the chain saw, starts it up to see what's wrong, and the flatlander says, "What's that noise?"
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Humor - The Flatlander

Post by Otto »

IBTL
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My brother borrowed my chainsaw last year and then complained that it wouldn't cut. I told him it had worked fine for me the last time I had used it. Then I remembered that I had loaned it to my children's godfather between now and then, and he had cleaned it thoroughly. I asked my brother if the chain was on backwards.

What?

Yep, it was! :roll:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My wife loaned my electric drill (now that's another issue) to a friend of hers. The nice lady reported it would not drive a screw. She was running it in reverse... That said, I've been distracted and put the chain on backwards only to realize it as I adjusted tension...

Flatlander can't be me, I've just had to replace the bar on this last saw.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

Had a neighbor who borrowed my chainsaw. He insisted for several days that he was experienced and finally convinced me to let him use it. He came back a little later to tell me the chain would not move and the engine kept stalling out. Yep, he did not know there is a chain brake activated by the hand guard. Needless to say we decided maybe he should not be turned loose unsupervised with my chain saw. :P
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd