Timber 444 Marlin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Timber 444 Marlin

Post by Ravenman »

My latest Winchester 94 - a Timber 444 Marlin.

Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

Very nice. I looked for one for a long time, but they were scarce around here. I finally found a Marlin and am happy with it, but I still want a Winchester.
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I have one of those and its a "safe queen" NIB. I have been saving it for a rainy day or a good offer to sell. Mine was a factory sample that was used at the S.H.O.T. show and has been D&T for a tang sight.

Do you shoot cast with it? It just might give me somethibng to do this winter------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I picked one up NIB also. Mine has never seen sunlight, buried in the back of the safe. With the low production numbers and the fact that I bought it right, I expect to make good $$$ on this one.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

What am I missing here? Whatdaya mean make money off of it, aren't they making them any more?

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Good looking, good shooting rifle. Congrats. 1886.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

Do stores in Switzerland stock leverguns or do you have to special order them?

If you have to order them, where do you do that and what kind of shipping do you have to pay?
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Rusty, I hope you are joking? The winchester 94 timber carbine in 444 is out of production several years. 444 production is second lowest in numbers behind the 450 marlin which was released right before winchester closed.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

nice 444 i really like those 94BB :)
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Bitmap wrote:Do stores in Switzerland stock leverguns or do you have to special order them?

If you have to order them, where do you do that and what kind of shipping do you have to pay?
We have many stores that stock Winchester leverguns. But most of the time it's some kind of Bingo. The biggest Winchester store is Waffen Zimmermann in Lucerne. All commemorative Winchester in stock! Sometimes they sell Winchester 94 in exotic cartridges (for Switzerland) as 307 Winchester, 356 Winchester, 7-30 Waters. See infos www.waffenzimmermann.ch.[

Picture of my Winchester Timber 444 Marlin without scope.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking.

Well yes I do. I was thinking that this was a Marlin .444. When I think .444 I think Marlin. I see now.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

Ravenman wrote:
Bitmap wrote:Do stores in Switzerland stock leverguns or do you have to special order them?

We have many stores that stock Winchester leverguns. But most of the time it's some kind of Bingo. The biggest Winchester store is Waffen Zimmermann in Lucerne. All commemorative Winchester in stock! Sometimes they sell Winchester 94 in exotic cartridges (for Switzerland) as 307 Winchester, 356 Winchester, 7-30 Waters. See infos www.waffenzimmermann.ch.[
waffenzimmermann has a standard grade Browning M71 rifle in stock and a high grade Browning M71 carbine as well.

I wasn't aware that there was a Marlin 1894 M22 in .22 magnum. Maybe the google translation is off?

The model 31 in .22LR looks neat. I'll bet they would sell fast in the US.