Brownell's Multi-Vise

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Brownell's Multi-Vise

Post by Charles »

At long last, in retirement I get to have my own home and my own shop. No more temporary, set up and take down situations... Whoopee! The shop has been slow coming together due to the new job, I didn't plan on having. I planned on working part-time, but not full time. If I am lucky, it will drop down to part-time in June, if the University finds the right tenure-track person to take my place.

Anyway...I have always wanted a genuine Wilton machinest vise, but have struggled along with the cheap hardware store mechanics vise for decades. With the price of a genuine Wilton machinest vise now being out of my reach, I bought on Brownell's Multi-Vises. After about two weeks of use, I now feel comfortable in rendering an opinion on the gizmo.

It really is a good vise for the gunsmith and reloader. Not only does it swivel 360 degrees, but it lays down on it's side and swivels 36o in that mode. It has nice deep smooth jaws and with an extra base ($24.00), I can use it on two benches.

Brownells is not a cheap place to buy anything, but this vise is a top notch produce for guys like me. I give it two thumbs up!

I have been using the Palmgren 000 drill/milling vise for 40 years and can also give it an excellent rating for use on machine tools.
Hobie

Re: Brownell's Multi-Vise

Post by Hobie »

Thanks Charles. I'm in the market for a good vise as well. The plain jane type I have, I need a GOOD one.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson