Thought I would give a report on the Amarillo Gun Show..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Thought I would give a report on the Amarillo Gun Show..

Post by morgan in nm »

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Lever guns were outrageous for the most part but some deals existed. 94's in 38-55 were all going for around $1800 despite the conditions, while they had a 32-40 rifle in better than average go for $1000. Savage 99's were in the $700-$2000 depending on model. Marlins were going for $350 for nice 336 in 30-30 while other more difficult to find models were in the $600-$1000 range. Did see two marlin scopes that were brand new in the tubes for $125 each. I have never seen a scope in a cardboard and metal tube before but the tubes were marked Marlin in big red diamonds. I don't recall the particular models. There were no 86 winnies at all and only 1 model 66 that was fairly nice for $2400. 94src's were priced at well over a thousand and most were parts guns. Not one mold in the whole place but lots of reloading supplies for fair prices so that was all I walked out of there with.

I hate to plug a gun show but if anybody out there finds thereself in the area tomorrow, its worth the $5 entry fee for powder and primers.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Thought I would give a report on the Amarillo Gun Show..

Post by mescalero1 »

Amarillo used to be a good gun show, I left the area in 1983, can not comment on now.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

A 66 for 2400???????? I have not seen one for under 3.5 K in about 4 years. What condition? musket, rifle, or carbine?
I sold, about 4 months ago, a 38-55 Winny in the 11xxx range for about 900-1000 (part of a swap for an 1873 so hard to figure actual price) at an ohio gun show. maybe I should head out to Amarillo!!
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

coyote nose wrote:A 66 for 2400???????? I have not seen one for under 3.5 K in about 4 years. What condition? musket, rifle, or carbine?
I sold, about 4 months ago, a 38-55 Winny in the 11xxx range for about 900-1000 (part of a swap for an 1873 so hard to figure actual price) at an ohio gun show. maybe I should head out to Amarillo!!
Carbine. Had some scratches cut into the stock about an 1/8th of an inch deep for somebody's identification but were small. Other than that, it was about 50% or better.

On the 38-55's, I don't know that they were selling them at those prices but that is what they were marked. I would have loved that 32-40 but I am on the broke side of life right now.