Puma 44 Mag I'd not seen before

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Puma 44 Mag I'd not seen before

Post by AJMD429 »

I saw a used Puma .44 Magnum, round barrel, blued, which loaded through the tubular magazine, having the knurled end-cap, and the attachment of the magazine was with an oblong 'O' shaped ring with a screw through the middle like my Marlin 1894, instead of the flimsier attachments I've seen (no little pin sloppily engaging a hole milled underneath the muzzle).

I ALMOST took it home, but there was a Marlin 1894SS next to it for not that much more, and I know where I can get replacement Marlin parts, and that they fit just about ALL the Marlins ever made; can't say that for the Pumas.

Still was nice. Sorry no pics of it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Puma 44 Mag I'd not seen before

Post by claybob86 »

So I take it you got the 1894SS? If so, I hope you like yours as much as I like mine! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

http://www.legacysports.com/products/pu ... outxp.html

NEW! XP Model

The Puma XP Model is another great new addition to the M-92 rifle line. The Puma XP is a brand new Puma that features a tube feed magazine in addition to the traditional loading gate located on the receiver. The Puma XP is designed around the new Hornady LEVERevolution® ammo that not only provides FlexTip™ bullets for safe tube feed magazine use, but also produces muzzle velocities approaching center fire rifle ammo - in a pistol caliber cartridge! These cartridges provide both expansion and penetration over a wide range of velocities in both lever action rifles and in pistols. LEVERevolution cartridges in combination with the Puma XP have been tested to consistently hit grapefruit at 200 yards. This combination offers a superior hunting package for deer and hogs in dense woods or heavy brush conditions.

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I like that XP........ .357/.44 Bain & Davis......Big Medicine
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I sold my last two .45 Colt guns today, decided to stick with the .44's. One of them was a blue Puma 92 Trapper.

I want a stainless 44 trapper so bad I can hardly stand it. I've had the phone in hand to call Steve Young, but haven't followed through on it yet.