the glaciers are coming, run for your life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

the glaciers are coming, run for your life

Post by Grizz »

http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/ ... _ice_age-0

[quote]
Earth on the Brink of an Ice Age
11.01.2009 Source: Pravda.Ru

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years.

.....What that indicates is that global temperatures precede or cause global CO2 changes, and not the reverse. In other words, increasing atmospheric CO2 is not causing global temperature to rise; instead the natural cyclic increase in global temperature is causing global CO2 to rise.

The reason that global CO2 levels rise and fall in response to the global temperature is because cold water is capable of retaining more CO2 than warm water. That is why carbonated beverages loose their carbonation, or CO2, when stored in a warm environment. We store our carbonated soft drinks, wine, and beer in a cool place to prevent them from loosing their ‘fizz’, which is a feature of their carbonation, or CO2 content. The earth is currently warming as a result of the natural Ice Age cycle, and as the oceans get warmer, they release increasing amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Because the release of CO2 by the warming oceans lags behind the changes in the earth’s temperature, we should expect to see global CO2 levels continue to rise for another eight hundred years after the end of the earth’s current Interglacial warm period. We should already be eight hundred years into the coming Ice Age before global CO2 levels begin to drop in response to the increased chilling of the world’s oceans.

The Vostok ice core data graph reveals that global CO2 levels regularly rose and fell in a direct response to the natural cycle of Ice Age minimums and maximums during the past four hundred and twenty thousand years. Within that natural cycle, about every 110,000 years global temperatures, followed by global CO2 levels, have peaked at approximately the same levels which they are at today.

The AGW theory is based on data that is drawn from a ridiculously narrow span of time and it demonstrates a wanton disregard for the ‘big picture’ of long-term climate change. The data from paleoclimatology, including ice cores, sea sediments, geology, paleobotany and zoology, indicate that we are on the verge of entering another Ice Age, and the data also shows that severe and lasting climate change can occur within only a few years. While concern over the dubious threat of Anthropogenic Global Warming continues to distract the attention of people throughout the world, the very real threat of the approaching and inevitable Ice Age, which will render large parts of the Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable, is being foolishly ignored.

Gregory F. Fegel

© 1999-2006. «PRAVDA.Ru». When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink to PRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the authors do not always coincide with the point of view of PRAVDA.Ru's editors. [\quote]

Haven't I been saying this? Read the whole thing. I'm gonna get in the warm clothing trade...
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Re: the glaciers are coming, run for your life

Post by donw »

quick...someone call al gore...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

Explains the veiw outside my window and the fact that my Ther-Mo-Meter has not risen over the minus 40 mark in two weeks.

Gonna have a hard time selling my beachfront property now...
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, stuff, does this mean that I am going to have to start putting fuel stabilizers in my motorcycle's fuel tanks for the winter? I am getting tired of these cold days already.
NRA Life Member, Patron
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I started college in 1968 & "scientists" forecasted the quickly approaching new Ice Age.

@ the time, I read & was told that -- @ best -- the world - wide oil supply would only last 10 more years.....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

How come Al Gore didn't learn the same thing at the time?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:How come Al Gore didn't learn the same thing at the time?
He was too busy inventing the internet. Oh yes, and coining the term "Global Warming", too. In other words, he didn't have a clue, and still doesn't. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My father has core samples brought home from his job at Panhandle Eastern many years ago. I remember seeing distinctly a palm leaf from a core sample brought home from Wyoming. Apparently the rocks tell a different story from what Al Gore does. I believe the rocks.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Darn it! I bought heavy in suntan lotion and shorts stock!! :D
Ricky

DWWC
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ricky, as tall as you are, your shorts are probably as long as 86er's regular length jeans. Just kidding 86er.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:My father has core samples brought home from his job at Panhandle Eastern many years ago. I remember seeing distinctly a palm leaf from a core sample brought home from Wyoming. Apparently the rocks tell a different story from what Al Gore does. I believe the rocks.
Well, the rocks are, after all, smarter than Al Gore - though Gore is a bit more dense!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

piller wrote:My father has core samples brought home from his job at Panhandle Eastern many years ago. I remember seeing distinctly a palm leaf from a core sample brought home from Wyoming. Apparently the rocks tell a different story from what Al Gore does. I believe the rocks.
Yup... Palm trees, squids by the mega-ton, ferns galore, &c...

This ain't this planets first climate change, and WE didn't have anything to do with the previous ones, nor the so-called current one...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Although I believe the global cooling argument that this guy argues and agree that a 100 year snapshot of millions of years of climate change cannot predict the future, I Googled his name and found that he might not be the most reliable source for this argument. For instance, he also wrote this:

Impeachment is Not Enough
GREGORY F. FEGEL / Pravda (Russia) 22aug2008

Indict all of the US government officials and their allies who planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks

A preponderance of evidence shows that the highest officials of the Bush Administration, in collusion with many other officials from the Pentagon, CIA, FBI, FEMA, NSA, NORAD, New York City officials, air-traffic contollers, airline executives, controlled demolitions experts, computer graphics technicians, media executives, and others together planned and committed the horrible attacks of 9/11/2001 against the Pentagon and the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City. The 9/11 attacks were immediately blamed on some bogus 'Arab highjackers', a half dozen of whom were later confirmed to be still alive, and therefore innocent, after the 9/11 attacks.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2008/91 ... 2aug08.htm

The first clue should be the "Pravda, (Russia)" byline. :shock:
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson