Lead prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Lead prices

Post by kooz »

Anybody have the latest status on lead prices ? I have been hearing that it has dropped a little, but the bullet and ammo prices sure don't reflect that.
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Lead prices

Post by DDude »

kooz wrote:Anybody have the latest status on lead prices ? I have been hearing that it has dropped a little, but the bullet and ammo prices sure don't reflect that.
Takes diesel fuel to transport those finished bullets and ammo to sellers. Last time I filled the tanks on my truck it ran about $640 for roughly 180 gallons. End cost of shipping is always passed onto the consumer. The diesel price situation is bad enough in some places that owner operators are parking their trucks or simply quitting the business.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

From what I can find the price has dropped a few pennies a pound and leveled out some in the last month, same for copper, zinc, and brass.
But not enough to impact our price and I doubt we will ever see the prices we enjoyed a year ago.

I have gone overboard in the WW department, with well over 4 five gallon buckets full in the last 40 days.

Plus built a bullet trap do do most of my lead shooting with.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kooz »

Trap is a good idea, from what I understand lead WW's are being replaced with steel and zinc due to pressure from the EPA.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

kooz wrote:Trap is a good idea, from what I understand lead WW's are being replaced with steel and zinc due to pressure from the EPA.
I've only run into a few and they were from a large dealership.
Once you know what they are like they are easy to spot.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

SPOT LEAD PRICES, LATEST HERE
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html
Once lead and copper, both non-ferous metals leavel out we may see some releif, but dont look for it for 10 years, we will just have to live with it, China, India and Pakastain are useing more and more, I have heard that lead shot is being used in nuk reactors for shealding, instead of lead sheet, but only a rumor..
I worked on the cu business for 40 years and still follow the cu market, as it reflects $ on my stock..
Hope this helps some..
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kooz »

Well that sucks