Oregon Gun Show Results

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Oregon Gun Show Results

Post by jdad »

Marlinman, myself, and a friend of ours hit the show 10 minutes before opening and there was about 100 people ahead of us. Great show! Lots and lots of firearms and maybe only 1 or 2 tables of non-firearm stuff. No mad rush for ammo or black rifles either. Firearm prices all seemed to be negotiable. Tons of quality vintage levers. Marlinman got a heck of a deal, on a repro 32-20 Bisley and I snagged these treasures, for the cost of 2 pounds of 748.

Click on the thumbnail......

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Oregon Gun Show Results

Post by marlinman93 »

Yea, show was great! Got a few pounds of powder for a reasonable price of $30. Also picked up this great Dakota Bisley 5 1/2" in my favorite caliber, .32-20! $250 out the door!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Neat. Good to hear people were dealing.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

You guys beat me! I am leaving in about 15 miutes. Hope you left me something :wink:
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Guncase wrote:You guys beat me! I am leaving in about 15 miutes. Hope you left me something :wink:
Nope, all the good stuff is gone! :wink:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

marlinman93 wrote:Yea, show was great! Got a few pounds of powder for a reasonable price of $30. Also picked up this great Dakota Bisley 5 1/2" in my favorite caliber, .32-20! $250 out the door!

That is just SO wrong in SO many ways!!! :shock:

(nice grab, marlinman) :D :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

those Bisley's speak to me. I love that one
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

jdad you no good dirty lowdown packalumer xyz so-and-so and everything else...
I had to spend the day putting up WINDOW TREATMENTS at my mother-in-law's house. No man should ever put up WINDOW TREATMENTS unless it's his job. As a matter of fact, unless it's a guy's job no man should even say WINDOW TREATMENT. Ever.

I feel bad for me. Tomorrow is out.

:cry:

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

pharmseller wrote:jdad you no good dirty lowdown packalumer xyz so-and-so and everything else...
I had to spend the day putting up WINDOW TREATMENTS at my mother-in-law's house. No man should ever put up WINDOW TREATMENTS unless it's his job. As a matter of fact, unless it's a guy's job no man should even say WINDOW TREATMENT. Ever.

I feel bad for me. Tomorrow is out.

:cry:

P
:lol: :lol: :lol: I feel for you Quinn - I really do. I've spent plenty of weekends doing "honey-do" chores I won't admit to here :wink: :roll:
marlinman93 wrote:Yea, show was great! Got a few pounds of powder for a reasonable price of $30. Also picked up this great Dakota Bisley 5 1/2" in my favorite caliber, .32-20! $250 out the door!
$250?!? Val, don't you feel quilty STEALING that gun! Lucky dog!!! I stopped by the "Dixie Gun & Knife Show" today briefly (Charlotte, NC). Everyone seemed darn proud of what they wer selling - at least by the prices they were asking! Lots of "non-gun" tables to wad through as well... :(

Congratulations!!! :D
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

I didn't buy any guns, but I came home with a book and a nice Lyman globe front sight with a tin of inserts for $20. I didn't think that was too bad. Did you see that lever action in .256 Win? I think it was a Savage or Marlin. Now I can't remember :oops: There was also a .30 carbine version on another table.
Ha Quinn, I feel for you. Nothin' like a day at the inlaws :?
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The Rickreall gun show is the one show, besides our clubs August show, that I look forward to twice a year. Vall helped a good friend of ours picked up a Remington 12C, with a Wollensak scope and correct mounts, for under $500. Lots of "legal" antique Winchester's and Marlin's also spread all over the room.
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

Well I blew it and didn't go. Planing to go on the hunt for bear and cougar in the morning with my lever. I'm glad you all had fun. That is pone of the best gs in the state.

8)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Marlinman, I can see you really got a deal. It shows, the drool I mean. On your pants.
Old Law Dawg
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Ya'll did great! :D .........Mutt....
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Very similar to the Pa. gunshow here in Harrisburg. LOTS of good stuff and priced reasonably.

A Colt Shooting Master in 38 Spl. with factory ivories for $900. It had an altered hammer. I offered $500 for the grips. No way Jose. A 95% 1892 Winchester in 25-20 with a 32" Stevens scope for $2800-cash--3200 credit. I "HAD" to have this, but I let common sense prevail---offered the guy 22--and got laughed at---rightfully so.--

Every kind of black rifle you would want--all priced fairly right. I did manage to snag 120 Super X 30-30 , 20 UMC 45-85, 50 R-P 32-20, 40 .32 Remington for $30 and an original Lyman tang sight for a Colt Lightning for $60. (highway robbery :D )----------Sixgun

BTW--Marlinman---with a man of your caliber (no pun intended :D )and the great quality of American arms you indulge in, why are you buying that Italian junk?------------- :D -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote:
BTW--Marlinman---with a man of your caliber (no pun intended :D )and the great quality of American arms you indulge in, why are you buying that Italian junk?------------- :D -------Sixgun
Well first because I'm cheap, second because I want to save my money for Marlins and singleshots, and third because I have one Colt, so I don't want to own two and get mistaken for a Colt collector! :wink: Oh, and I might have mentioned I LOVE the .32-20 caliber! :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Phooey. which show was it you guys attended? We had a Collectors West show here in Medford this weekend, but I didn't go. I can't see spending $6 just to get in the door.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Phooey. which show was it you guys attended? We had a Collectors West show here in Medford this weekend, but I didn't go. I can't see spending $6 just to get in the door.

Rickreall, at the Polk County Fairgrounds. Next one is in March. Here's the details.
http://www.usexpos.org/event.php?eventnumber=2890

s
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote:
Oh, and I might have mentioned I LOVE the .32-20 caliber! :D
You are exonerated :D Me too! (in the future, please don't tell the whole world about purchasing foreign junk----I don't tell nobody about a pair of Chinese SKS's I have :lol: )
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Vall, I do believe you done real good on that deal.I know what you mean about the 32wcf, it is just hard to beat in a long gun or a handgun. I had a S&W and a Colt 32wcf years ago but still don't have a single action. That should make a great carry gun.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Thanks Jerry! I know you appreciate the .32-20 as well! I just don't think there is much I can find wrong with it. Cheap to reload for, easy to find brass and bullets, low recoil, and really accurate in almost every gun I've ever owned. My favorite shooting rifle is a 1894 Marlin with special order 28" barrel, chambered in .32-20! I rarely go to the range to shoot that it doesn't go along.-Vall