336SC in .35rem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

336SC in .35rem

Post by k8bor »

I was by the local gunshop earlier this morning and ran across a marlin 336sc in .35 rem with I believe and old redfield wide field scope on it. It's for sale. The rifle is in reasonably good shape with a few little pits on the receiver it and the action is as smooth as butter. He's asking $ 289.00 for the setup

It looks to be an 18" barrel with a full length magazine tube and an uncheckered pistol grip stock on it. I never checked, but am thinking it might have cut rifling in it and not micro-groove. Would I be right in that assumption?
de k8bor

Dave
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 336SC in .35rem

Post by Pete44ru »

That seems a fair price, given the condition.

The barrel length on all SC's were 20" - perhaps the 2/3 mag tube makes it seem shorter to you. It's most likely not Microgroove - but most are so marked on the barrel if it is.

Although I personally don't care for them, Redfield scopes of that era were of excellent quality.

If the "asking" is $289, then it could probably be had by laying $250 (or less) in cold cash on the counter in front of the shop owner.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Thanks for the assesment. I appreciate the opinion.

I think I'll go kerplunk some cash down on it at lunch. I turned my newer 336 into a .356 winchester a couple years ago, and while I really love that caliber, I like the .35 remmie just as much and thought about buying another ever since. That and the fact that it's old makes me like it more.
de k8bor

Dave
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Show us when you get 'er - We've got a pic tutorial, so there's no excuse. :mrgreen: