Has this happened to you?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Winjester
Levergunner 1.0

Has this happened to you?

Post by Winjester »

I like to attend garage sales and swap meets as a way to possibly find old guns and gun parts, as I'm sure many of you do. I always ask if they are selling any of these items. Most always say, "no, I would never part with my guns", or "my guns are not for sale".
What really blows my mind are the people that look at me and say "I wouldn't allow a gun in my house"! I wonder how many times they have told people who they don't even know that they don't have a gun in the house! I'm standing there looking at valuable possessions in their garage, and sometimes inside their home, and they're standing there with a dog in their arms the size of a hamster, (and probably just as mean), and telling me, who could just as well be a rapist, thief, murderer, etc., that they are basically defenseless!
I may be overly critical, but that always strikes me as just plain STUPID!
Winjester :shock: :shock:
God Bless America!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

SHEEP = STUPID
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

The only time I ever asked about any guns for sale at a Garage sale I scored a 20 gauge Browning Citori O/U shotgun for $300 and could have also had a Rem. 1100 12 gauge for $150.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Some people simply do not think before opening their mouthes.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

As harsh as this sounds but Nature does allow the stupid to be consumed by the BG.It is called natural selection. Doug
a armed man is his own master
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Not exactly the same, but it's like the story I read somewhere a while back about the pro-gun guy that lived next door to an anti-gun. The anti was adamant about not having one of those evil things in his house. The pro was going to put up a sign in his yard that his neighbor (sign pointing to the anti's house) doesn't believe in being armed and doesn't have a firearm in his house. Just to see what the anti did then. I'd like to see the reaction the anti would have to that. Sheep.
Old Law Dawg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Here in the UK I'm always amazed when I meet someone that HAS got a gun! We are a nation of sheep who give up freedom after our Fathers and Grandfathers fought so hard to keep it.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I ALWAYS ask for huntin' and fishin' stuff. Several years ago I scored an 1886 .33 Winchester for the princely sum of $85. A couple months ago I found a fella with a 12GA Parker Trojan that he wants $600 for. I passed but he still has it. Maybe I'll offer him a little less next time we talk.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: Has this happened to you?

Post by KirkD »

Winjester wrote: What really blows my mind are the people that look at me and say "I wouldn't allow a gun in my house"!
I always reply, "Whoa! Better not let that get around .... you could be setting yourself up for a home invasion or some other very nasty situation if word gets around the less reputable circles that you are defensless."

Then I let them sleep on it.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

KirkD wrote:
Winjester wrote: What really blows my mind are the people that look at me and say "I wouldn't allow a gun in my house"!
I always reply, "Whoa! Better not let that get around .... you could be setting yourself up for a home invasion or some other very nasty situation if word gets around the less reputable circles that you are defensless."

That's an excellent reply! I'm gonna have to steal, er..., borrow that one.
Tom

Winjester
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Winjester »

KirkD wrote:

This is a very good comeback. I'd like to use that one myself!
Winjester
God Bless America!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Years ago when I was single I bought each of my Sisters Husbands a single shot Harrington & Richardson 12ga for Christmas. they didn't have a gun in the house and I thought they would appreciate some peice of mind.....Years later the oldest Sister moved into a new house and planted a garden. Her husband asked one day if I would come over and kill the groundhogs that were eating everything.
I thought for a minute and said "why don't you shoot them with the gun I bought you?" Her Husband (who always acted like a jerk) says WE DON'T BELEAVE IN GUNS IN THE HOUSE, I cut it up and threw it away!!!
So I hope when the boogieman comes knocking he will wait for the Cops. :o .Jim.
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Winjester;
Please do not overlook another possibility. One that is not so stupid.
I would never tell any person that I do not know that I do have guns in my house. Who knows; they might be a rapist, thief or some other form of fiend. If so, I want them to show up unprepared for what they will find!
Once, during the repair process from a home fire and having my home relieved of several firearms and other items of value during that process, I am a lot more cautious about who knows what I have in my home!
Just my 2 cents.
PPpastordon