POLITICS - What McCain needs to say now

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

POLITICS - What McCain needs to say now

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Without going into further comment on the merits (who huge lack of merits) of the proposed "bail-out" plan, McCain made the right decision to suspend his campaign for a couple days to concentrate all of his efforts ON HIS CURRENT JOB - that of US Senator.

Hmmm... isn't Obama a US Senator too?

Obama took some cheap shots at McCain saying that "a President should be able to focus on more than one thing at a time" and he is available "if needed". The first point is true enough, but McCain needs to come right back and point out the following:

(1) A President also needs to know when to focus all of his attention on critical matters. Presidential politics hardly compare to the crisis the country is facing right now. I guess Obama thinks his corrination is more important than anything else. For McCain it is "Country First" - even if it costs him the Presidency.

(2) What else should the public expect from a man who has been the junior Senator from Illinois for less than a full term - only 4 years - and has spent two of those years campaigning for the Presidency. He has shown by his actions that he is uninterested in doing the job he was hired by the people of Illinois to do - and that "Senator" was just a stepping stone to "President" for him.

(3) McCain needs to hit hard that Obama's economic advisors are the very ones who ran Fannie Mae into the ground, reaped huge personal rewards, and helped lead us into this mess. He needs to point out that second only to fellow Democrat Chris Dodd, Obama has received more campaign contributions from FM than any other elected official.

(4) McCain's campaign needs to run his statements from 2005 supporting (co-sponsoring) legislation that would have provided better oversight for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He needs to point out that Democrats blocked this legislation, which would have prevented this problem from developing as large as it has. This is what experience and leadership gets you - someone capable of looking out ahead, anticipating problems, and acting now to prevent them. Obama lacks both experience and leadership.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Political - What McCain needs to say now

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hmmm... isn't Obama a US Senator too?

No...he just takes up one space....
He has done absolutely nothing.
not one bill....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Political - What McCain needs to say now

Post by PaperPatch »

:oops:
Idahoser

Re: POLITICS - What McCain needs to say now

Post by Idahoser »

The only good thing they can do is get out of the way. If either of them is going to even wave at that possibility, then I'm all for it. If they're going up there to try to outdo each other on how much of my grandkids' future they can waste, I'd rather they DIDN'T do their current jobs.

Did you hear Barney Frank now saying Reagan caused all this with the "government is the problem" thing?
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Needs to say to win an election? Or needs to say to protect Liberty and Sovereignty and uphold his oath?

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

McCain is relied upon alot in the GOP to help get things done and he knows that and so does the Dems. Thats why the Dem's don't want him there. They want to get a bill passed on their terms. If Mccain is involved they can't get their way. Thats why he cancelled his debate and like always he does put his country first and is going there as a leader and will get things done right.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Hehehe... They chose him. He's one of them.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Tennessee Hayre wrote:McCain is relied upon alot in the GOP to help get things done and he knows that and so does the Dems. Thats why the Dem's don't want him there. They want to get a bill passed on their terms. If Mccain is involved they can't get their way. Thats why he cancelled his debate and like always he does put his country first and is going there as a leader and will get things done right.
Reminds me of a "best caliber" discussion. caliber=candidate, dead critter=Liberty. I'm sure they can both do the job well.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

McCain hasn't even made a role-call vote in the Senate since April.

He can't even adequately represent the people whom he was elected to represent in Arizona...

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
3) McCain needs to hit hard that Obama's economic advisors are the very ones who ran Fannie Mae into the ground, reaped huge personal rewards, and helped lead us into this mess. He needs to point out that second only to fellow Democrat Chris Dodd, Obama has received more campaign contributions from FM than any other elected official.

(4) McCain's campaign needs to run his statements from 2005 supporting (co-sponsoring) legislation that would have provided better oversight for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He needs to point out that Democrats blocked this legislation, which would have prevented this problem from developing as large as it has. This is what experience and leadership gets you - someone capable of looking out ahead, anticipating problems, and acting now to prevent them. Obama lacks both experience and leadership.
Not bad, then he could bring up the Keating five and the Savings & Loan bailout...er.... I'm sorry, which democrat do we want to win this election?

Yeah, naughty Bunkloco :) :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

bunklocoempire wrote:Ysabel Kid wrote:
3) McCain needs to hit hard that Obama's economic advisors are the very ones who ran Fannie Mae into the ground, reaped huge personal rewards, and helped lead us into this mess. He needs to point out that second only to fellow Democrat Chris Dodd, Obama has received more campaign contributions from FM than any other elected official.

Not bad, then he could bring up the Keating five and the Savings & Loan bailout...er.... I'm sorry, which democrat do we want to win this election?

Yeah, naughty Bunkloco :) :wink:
Again, not debating the bail-out itself, so yes, this is what McCain should do in his run for the Presidency. I am not a big McCain fan - I just can't stand Obama. However, McCain was completely exonerated in the Keating Five issue. Let Obama bring it up...
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

I think Obama is no more to the democratic party than a lacky that's being groomed to sign every piece of kneejerk legislation the dems can come up with. Whatever pipe dreams they push will automatically be considered to have "presidential approval" by the whole bunch, and they will enthusiastically go after every thing they think they've been denied in the past.

I wasn't quite this jaded until the other day when they were talking to Obama about attending the legislative process re: the bailout and he had absolutely no ideas, opinions, or comments other than, "I'll be available if anyone needs me for anything."

I think that is his entire purpose in the democratic party, to be a figurehead "Superhero" for future democratic legislatures to use. UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
de k8bor

Dave