OT: Politics ..., Obama's Experience??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

OT: Politics ..., Obama's Experience??

Post by GoatGuy »

I don’t know if the actual day count is accurate but experience, commitment, loyalty & proof of character is what I want in a President…and a VP!

Boy, this makes sense to me. If nothing else came along, this would sway me (if I hadn't already made up my mind)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.
You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of
experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor
after 143 days of experience. BUT....
From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to
the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory
committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be
Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of
Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days? We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's
all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public seems to feel
comfortable with this and is campaigning for him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are OK with
this for the President of the United States of America?

Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: Politics ..., Obama's Experience??

Post by JP_TX »

Kind of puzzing isn't it? But then, some folks enjoy watching train wrecks too.

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

I subscribe to Newsmax Magazine & www.newsmax.com , an email was sent with this headline "Obama Had Close Ties To Advisor of Saudi Billionaire" it's a very interesting article well worth reading!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

In my wife's youth she worked at a stable that included some fine jumping horses. She started by mucking stalls. It was 6 months of working, before she was allowed to become a back-up exercise girl... mucking stalls whenever the regular girls showed up.

Sorry, but I see a certain similarity... I'm sure she wanted the exercise girl's job the 1st day she started mucking stalls... and she might have actually been qualified for it... but... no one in her immediate chain of command (har! what a term!) :P was, nor should they have been willing to make her the top jockey, even after the 6 months of being knee deep in horse excrement.

So, I guess the above tells us that horse trainers are probably a lot smarter than your average Dem., or at least some portion that larger than any other portion... sick that it doesn't take a majority to win. Personally, if you don't get over 50% you oughta not be declared the winner, in any election or primary.

I think Obama needs more time muckin' stalls. Literally.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pretty much hits the nail on the head, doesn't it?
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

I am sure that there are people out there capable of running this great country with such a minimal amount of experience. I just don't buy that Obama is among them! :twisted:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

well said Griff
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot