OT - Open mouth, insert foot...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Open mouth, insert foot...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Tonight we're driving home from dinner and my son (Ysabel Kid's Kid here) asks "Dad, what's a lesby?"

Well, my 6-year old daughter is in the car, so I proceed to over-react, telling him not to ask questions about words he does not understand in from of his little sister. We had "the talk" recently (yes, I did ask advice about it late last year and managed to put it off as long as possible - but I took all your advice and it worked well), so I figured he was asking to follow up on something he heard. I want him to ask such questions, just not in front of his kid sister.

He's puzzled, and says "well, they said it at the Eagle Scout ceremony today". Now I'm really confused, and finally determine he was asking what "lispy" meant (an older brother of one of the new Eagle Scouts - himself an Eagle Scout - was kidding his nervous younger brother).

Sooo... my wife and I explain what a lisp is, and that the older brother was just teasing his younger sibling when the latter was messing up a bit on his speech in front of everyone. Understandable - earning one's Eagle rank is a big honor. Issue solved - I thought.

Then he says, "so, then what does 'lesby' mean?"

Yes, I opened my mouth, and inserted my foot... :roll:
KT-45
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT - Open mouth, insert foot...

Post by KT-45 »

LOL

My brother once asked Dad, "How do people breed?"

Without missing a bead Dad replied, "Through their noses!"
"Mister, you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of a man who knows how to use it?"
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

...never mind.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When my then 12-year old asked me one of those embarassing questions, I hesitated, trying to formulate an accurate, but not overly detailed answer, and during that hesitation, my ten year old piped up with a detailed and accurate answer.

That's one way to "handle" it, huh . . . "delegate!"
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I found out that the question, "were did the (baby) come from?" really meant, "What's the name of the hospital?"

Kid's...

Jeff
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

When my then-five-year-old son asked, "What is sex?", My answer was, "You know boys and girls are different, right? Well, that's sex." Absolutely true -- if incomplete -- and it satisfied him for quite a while.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

AJMD429 wrote:"...That's one way to "handle" it, huh . . . "delegate!"
Yup, delegate: "Go ask your mother!" :)
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, this whole thing kind of handled itself in my household (3 kids). We like to watch nature shows and when the animals were shown in the act, I would casually mention that people reproduced like that too - all animals do... and they would just kind of watch or say "really?" and I'd answer, well not exactly the same way but very similar.

And so, it was just another bit of nature knowledge :)

And watching the nightly news took care of all of the other oddities of human sexuality... :roll:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
KT-45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by KT-45 »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Well, this whole thing kind of handled itself in my household (3 kids). We like to watch nature shows and when the animals were shown in the act, I would casually mention that people reproduced like that too - all animals do... and they would just kind of watch or say "really?" and I'd answer, well not exactly the same way but very similar.

And so, it was just another bit of nature knowledge :)
Raised on my dad's farm, there was little question about animal husbandry. I guess we had it figured out on our own.

Birth, life, reproduction, and death are all a part of the life-cycle on a farm.

The Lovely and Talented Miss Randi and I were married later in life for both of us. One morning, very early in our marriage, I was the first one up and discovered that one of the older cats in the house had passed away during the night. I bagged it and took it out to the truck before she got up (Miss Randi is a tenderhearted woman when it comes to animals). Later I told her what happened to the cat. She asked, "Are you sure it was dead?"

A million sarcastic replies rolled around in my head. Finally I just said, "Hon, I'm an old farm-boy. Trust me, the cat was gone."
"Mister, you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of a man who knows how to use it?"
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

YK after it dawns on him: Image
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

My nephew once asked his dad what a "cholo" was. My bro-in-law (his dad) replied "it's a slang word for a big bad Mexican dude". My nephew looked a tad confused then asked "why did they make a Christmas song about it then"? My bro-in-law is now also confused, he asks his son "what Christmas song is that"? Son replies in song "On the first day of Christmas my "cholo" gave to me... a partridge in a pear tree." :mrgreen:
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

KT-45 wrote:LOL

My brother once asked Dad, "How do people breed?"

Without missing a bead Dad replied, "Through their noses!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
KT-45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by KT-45 »

Bogie - You liked that one you'll love this one:

My buddy, Big Dave, once asked his Dad, "Where do I come from?"

Dad got all embarrassed and went into a 15-minute dissertation on human reproduction.

When he was done Dave said, "OK, but my new friend Bobby is from Cleveland."