OT - Heller (DC Gun Ban) Finally Gets Permit...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Heller (DC Gun Ban) Finally Gets Permit...

Post by don Tomás »

A .22 revolver???? All that hassle for a .22 revolver??? I guess it's a start...
Tom

Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit

The man whose lawsuit overturned Washington's handgun ban has successfully registered his revolver, ending a more than 30-year wait to keep the weapon in his home.

Dick Heller walked out of D.C. police headquarters Monday, clutching a yellow firearms registration certificate stamped "approved." He gave the thumbs-up sign, grinned and said, "Victory!"

Heller was among the first people to seek a gun permit under new rules adopted after the Supreme Court struck down the city's 32-year-old handgun ban in June. Heller was the plaintiff in that case.

He won approval to keep a .22-caliber revolver at home after coming to police headquarters in July to be fingerprinted and take a firearms proficiency test. Police approved the weapon after completing a background check.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT - Heller (DC Gun Ban) Finally Gets Permit...

Post by Old Ironsights »

don Tomás wrote:A .22 revolver???? All that hassle for a .22 revolver??? I guess it's a start...
Only to the NRA. It's an absolutely hollow, pyrrhic victory. He should have demanded no less than his service automatic... the one the Gooberment Geebs call a "machine gun".

Pathetic capitulation if you ask me.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I think Heller is far from done with DC. He NEEDED to get approved to prove that the rejection was not against HIM, but against his semi (his initial app was denied). Now he can go forward and say "they approved ME for possession, now WTF is the deal with semis....."
Certified gun nut
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

adirondakjack wrote:I think Heller is far from done with DC. He NEEDED to get approved to prove that the rejection was not against HIM, but against his semi (his initial app was denied). Now he can go forward and say "they approved ME for possession, now WTF is the deal with semis....."
Yep, DC's continued ban on semis is laughable, especially in view of their issue sidearm to the police... which happens to be a defensive weapon, not offensive to any but the most jaded anti-..... :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

adirondakjack wrote:I think Heller is far from done with DC. He NEEDED to get approved to prove that the rejection was not against HIM, but against his semi (his initial app was denied). Now he can go forward and say "they approved ME for possession, now WTF is the deal with semis....."
Point taken. I guess I'm just in a worse mood than usual.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Agreed. I just hope all these lawsuits are costing the city government BIG TIME!!! :evil:
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

From what I understand the lawsuit to fight for semi-auto's is in the works, if not already filed. Also wasn't there some action within Congress to change DC law to keep the mayor from continuing to obstruct the rights of the citizenry?
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Agreed. I just hope all these lawsuits are costing the city government BIG TIME!!! :evil:
Unless it results in the immediate termination of all Elected Officials & senior PD Staff the only people it will "cost" will be the Taxpayers. :evil:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

According to my NRA pubs, the NRA has suits filed against San Francisco, Chicago and DC again - :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!