OT: Small Carry Gun - What do recommend?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT: Small Carry Gun - What do recommend?

Post by Old Ironsights »

ImageImage
2 guns, 30 rounds of ammunition.

The "scare'em to death ugly" is a bonus.

Ruger SP101 & 2 speed strips
+
NAA Guardian & 1 extra mag.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I've been carrying an XD 9mm sub-compact IWB for several months now.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Recently purchased a Ruger LCP, test fired for function and reliability and wanted to see how it carried.

Carried it in a SmartCarry pouch for a week while travelling from Dallas to metropolitan anti-gun areas north to New Orleans and back to Dallas.

I usually carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II. The Ruger is a bit... smaller.

No chafing, no poking, no printing. No problems.

Easy concealed carry.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

S&W 442 or, on occasion, a S&W 317 in a Galco pocket holster. Works with all my dress slacks as well as my casual stuff. This is my city carry and when I don't have a jacket or other cover. I carry in the front strong side pocket.

In the country or woods bumming I usually move up to something larger like my S&W Mtn. Gun in either .45 Colt or .44 mag/spec. or perhaps my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag. I have several different OWB holsters for these guns.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Blackhawk wrote:Thinking about asking for a small carry gun for Christmas. I currently carry an XD9 and would consider somthing smaller. I had a M85 for a short while some years back but traded it in on a 1895G. Picked up a G36 the other day in the gunshop and liked the feel of the semiauto. Also like the feel of the SP101 but was thinking more along the lines of a 3" model in 357 but none were in the shop. Several S&W's looked at online but have yet to get my hands on one.

What do you carry and why? Or recommend?

Johnny
Carry whatever weapon you're comfortable with.When I retired from le I carried my Sig Sauer P220 with 45acp corbon 165gr jhp whenever I headed anywhere west of my 20.It's been 8+ years so now I carry my Rossi SS Mod 88 2" 38spec (no longer made but it's a really accurate 5 shot), my Sig or my other accurately tuned wheelgun S&W Mod 19 6" 357 with th,tt,tg & ts.
popeye44
Levergunner

Post by popeye44 »

Working on a guvment site I cant cary anything that even looks like gun or any weapon. At home its a different story. I like my PPK 380ss. Also my PP 32acp bl. I use flush magazines in both. No holster. Autos are flatter than a wheel gun. I
think that helps me to hide it better.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

scr83jp: Either you are stuttering or I am completely ignorant of what you were saying:

"with th,tt,tg & ts"

so I will assume its me and say HUH????? :? :?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

rjohns94 wrote:scr83jp: Either you are stuttering or I am completely ignorant of what you were saying:

"with th,tt,tg & ts"

He means "Target" stuff. Hammer, Trigger, Grip (probably?) and Sights. To my mind I'm looking for the less obtrusive and more streamlined fixed sights for this job.
Last edited by Idahoser on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

rjohns94 wrote:scr83jp: Either you are stuttering or I am completely ignorant of what you were saying:

"with th,tt,tg & ts"

In plain English, what he is saying is the sixgun needs:

th = Target Hammer
tt = Target Trigger
tg = Target Grips
ts = Target Sights

What's wrong with you? Don't you speak Smith & Wesson Catalogese?
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Glad someone asked. I didn't know either.

Think I've got it narrowed down to either a S&W M60 or SP101, both with 3" barrels. Thinking along the lines of the SP but still haven't come up with a good crossdraw system to carry either one of'em. Crossdraw IWB is hard to find.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Blackhawk wrote: but still haven't come up with a good crossdraw system to carry either one of'em. Crossdraw IWB is hard to find.

Johnny
www.crossbreedholsters.com

http://www.gunblast.com/Crossbreed.htm

He'll make you a crossdraw.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I had a holster Bianchi named the "Scorpion" which tucked a 2" .357 under the armpit. You could wear it under nothing but a loose dark T-shirt and it was not detectable. I modified it so the barrel was pointed back at a 45 degree angle rather than straight up.

For years I wore it over a T-shirt, but under a regular loosely fitted shirt, and as long as I had something in my shirt pocket (I usually wore a pocket protector then :o ) the gun was not detectable.

Ripping a button or two to get to the gun wasn't that difficult (I tried it with a couple of old shirts) and you could always leave a button or two un-done (or get real fancy and sew them to the left shirt panel and put a snap behind them) if you were out in a parking lot at night or whatever.

If you always have the chance to go to the restroom before leaving a secure area to go to an unsecure area, you can carry 'deep' and just slip the gun into a paper bag to carry so it is right in your hand - I did this when leaving a secure hospital pharmacy and walking ten blocks of ghetto to my apartment every day at 2 a.m. in Cincinnati. No CCW then, so I had to have the gun 'deep' when at work.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "