Not levers but you may like...!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Not levers but you may like...!

Post by Nath »

Stood in thick timber and called for preditors only just this guy turned up so he had it. A warm evening and no wind but plenty of midges and mosi,s

That was friday and today I toted my M/L for duck and geese but was standing in the wrong place at the wrong time-if i just stayed in the one spot :roll: I did get a shot off on some fast teal but missed :roll:
Any ways I did down a crow at approx 30yds

Also saturday and sunday mornings at first light I have been trying for a fox with my 94, I,m after a particular one thats taking pheasants. I did not get him but have seen him and there seems to be a pattern to his movements so maybe soon :wink:
Bed time now catch you later, Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

You had more fun then I did this weekend, thats for sure.
Good going.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, definnitely more fun than I. That'a gorgeous side by side.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Looking good Nath!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice post!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good times for sure. I always have enjoyed calling in crows. It took me a while to learn their language, but anymore I can usually get quite a few to fly in range before they wise up. They're quite intelligent birds actually.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Thanks for the excellent photos and narrative of your hunts. I always appreciate the fine doubles, too. Mine are second decade of the twentieth century A. H. Foxs. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

I'm curious as to what bird is in the first pic. Thanx, jd45
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks Nath, that is a fine looking double. I have a 1921 Le Fever 20ga double that is a joy to shoot. Always enjoy your post and pictures.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

The bird in the first pic is a magpie- nasty egg robbing little....... and like their smart cousins the crow they like pecking the eyes out of new born lambs, yes i know they are just trying to survive blah blah blah- just ashame he bumped into me :lol:
The first double is a NE box lock Greener 3"mag 12g of the 50s. It comes from an age when this crumby country could still get something right-that is making shotguns.
The ML is a Pedersoli 12g. I use Pyrodex, 4 over shot cards and then the shot.
Some of the best fun in the world is when you get crows coming to deeks fast and furious on a wind, with a ML you end up black :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations Nath! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great photos Nath. Good luck with the Fox I hope you nail him with the 30/30.

I know what you mean about Wildfowling with a muzzle loader, my
brother in law was amazed at the flash from the nipple. Didn't notice it in daylight but when the ducks came in on the evening flight he thought my gun had blown up. :)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Gamekeeper, I just got back from standing for a goose again with that front stuffer and nearly did it :roll: I would love to down a goose with my M/l. I love the slower pace of a front stuffer, the sparks, smoke and smell. You have to be so well organised with it too. For me it transports me miles away from this modern world we live in if you know what I mean. Levers are the same and yes it will be the 30/30 that nails that fox as to be honest one morning I toted my hornet B.S.A and to be honest I wished I had not bothered :) I have just seen a pic on here of what I think is a Rossi SxS shotgun, well I thought it looked real good but I aint seen any over here in Brit- Typical.
Mr Cash, I enjoy your quotes from the sciptures Sir, God Bless.
Good luck Gamekeeper and all you other sports men.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!