NRA Life Membership requested.........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

NRA Life Membership requested.........

Post by Boreman »

The SCOTUS decision is a landmark day for the 2A an all who hold it dear. However the war might just begining because of it. With that thought in mind,I just talked to the NRA and requested an invoice be sent to me for an upgrade to a Distingished Life Membership. We have the ball rolling in the right direction. Let's take the fight to the anti's. Support the NRA !!!!!!!
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NRA Life Membership requested.........

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Good for you! I upgraded to Endowment Life just a while back and last week, I signed my entire family up for annual memberships. That's 4 additional members to the rolls and about $85 (two are Jr. members).
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just went to Life after 35+ years of annual membership. Might upgrade.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

lifer here.... :wink:
welcome guys
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'm an NRA member and all, but you'll notice that it wasn't the NRA that brought this case. I was surprised they even filed an amicus brief actually. I used to donate money to them every time they called, but now I will rarely do so. I just don't see the level of action from them that I would have expected. Their compromises on issues have me rethinking my support for LaPierre, Cox, et al. They've gotten too comfortable hob-knobbing with the political elite instead of focusing on the issues ... for my tastes anyway.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I will always respond to such points as you bring up Mr. McNutjob in this way... You can't fix what you don't have a say in. ONLY members have any say and that is why I'm a member, to hold the organization accountable. They have waffled and I don't like it. They aren't as effective in my state as our own [url-http://www.vcdl.org]VCDL[/url]. They aren't very responsive. BUT, they have the perception of clout with members voting practices and thus have some clout with politicians. Lets use that. Join, be a voting member, work to elect hardcore sons of guns to do your good works.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Yeah, Hobie - I've got to agree with you on most of that. They are a long way from
perfect, but they are the biggest game in town. I don't like their compromises, either.
The enemy preceives the NRA as the big, bad, wolf, and we should do everything in
our power to help them continue to do so. We are NRA members, just like we are
US citizens, and we have to keep both sets of leaders' feet to the fire.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I was an annual member for years. I received an offer from the NRA a while back for an easy pay life and I've been shipping them quarterly payments for a while. I've only got a little left and I'll be a life member. I don't necessarily agree with 100% of their policy and actions, but I believe you have to make a stand somewhere and I've picked them.
Old Law Dawg
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Here's how I see it:

NRA = Bush win in 2004 = two strict constitutionalist appointments to the SCOTUS = a pro 2A decision in Heller v DC

That's the bottom line.

That is also why we need McCain to prevail this fall. Else, the SCOTUS will go over to the dark side.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

WHAT HOBIE SAID !!
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Don't recall "Distinguished Life". Where does that one fall in?

Annual
Life
Endowment
Patron
Benefactor

Good for you! I upgrades from Life through the other levels each time they offered a deal. My son is now on the Easy-Pay-Life plan, and when he is done I will start my daughter. May even sneak my wife in to the rolls some day! :wink:
A5Mag12
Levergunner

Post by A5Mag12 »

Been an Endowment member for some time now. Just bought a Life membership for my son. I agree the battle has just started.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Don't recall "Distinguished Life". Where does that one fall in?

Annual
Life
Endowment
Patron
Benefactor

Good for you! I upgrades from Life through the other levels each time they offered a deal. My son is now on the Easy-Pay-Life plan, and when he is done I will start my daughter. May even sneak my wife in to the rolls some day! :wink:
." Distinguished Life" is the same as "Life Membership" for less money for disabled vets and people over 65+
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
BILLYDIXON
Levergunner 1.0

Post by BILLYDIXON »

I'm new to this list and have several lever action rifles. I've been a Life Member since 1976 back then it was $150.00 alot of money then. I have paid in to reach Benefactor Life. I also am a Life Member in the GOA when Janes books called it a terroist org. I had to join. :twisted:
NRA Life
GOA Life
NSSA Life
AMA Life
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We're half "lifers" in our family, but we keep the others ANNUAL intentionally; even in a 'bad' year financially, it forces us to remember to send some money in (to renew). Of course, if you REALLY want to fight the anti-gunners, you have to send the money to the NRA-ILA (the lobbying arm), or of course the GOA or SAF/CCRKBA, JPFO, or the excellent website KeepAndBearArms.com which the SAF maintains (I made it my home page).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tommy Reb »

I've been a life member since the early '70's. I just signed my daughter up as a life member under the legacy life membership opportunity. I'm sure you other lifers have received the mailing from the NRA about the legacy life program. Seems to me like a good deal. I would encourage all to consider it.
Unreconstructed
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:We're half "lifers" in our family, but we keep the others ANNUAL intentionally; even in a 'bad' year financially, it forces us to remember to send some money in (to renew). Of course, if you REALLY want to fight the anti-gunners, you have to send the money to the NRA-ILA (the lobbying arm), or of course the GOA or SAF/CCRKBA, JPFO, or the excellent website KeepAndBearArms.com which the SAF maintains (I made it my home page).
Hmmm... sounds like a good idea. Only one I'm missing is JPFO. Don't forget LEAA as well!!! :D