OT - Olympic Shooting Events on TV

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

OT - Olympic Shooting Events on TV

Post by RSY »

Does anyone know where/when one can catch the shooting competitions on the boob tube??? I only have regular digital cable. Hopefully I don't need one of those Sports channel packages to see this stuff.

Thanks, in advance,
Scott
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Olympic Shooting Events on TV

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The networks only want to show the exciting stuff like Hula Hoop and Underwater Basket Weaving. Hardly ever shooting on TV! :x :x :x
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

The network that is broadcasting the olympics says that they have more coverage available on their website than they are able to broadcast, so if we are lucky there is some coverage there. Personally I've always been interested in the archery competition.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hopefully they end up on YouTube or something like that!
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Here is a link to some of the Olympic Shooting videos.
Archery was on the other day on USA channel.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html
41bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41bear »

Dang it seems as if we are getting our "Brass" handed to us by the Chinese as well as others. That is down right embarrising!!!
DEO VINDICE

"if only one man among all of the rest will not break ...then all of them, all those who so despise men that they believe all men can be broken and all men can be bought, all of them have failed and all of them are defeated, because one alone destroys them and one alone can give heart to all other men." - Robert Crichton
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I want to see a levergunning event. We'll clean everyone's clocks then!!! :D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

41bear wrote:Dang it seems as if we are getting our "Brass" handed to us by the Chinese as well as others. That is down right embarrising!!!
We had a young man of 26 who is in the US Army win the Gold in the Double Trap yesterday !

And then there's the young lady from Alaska who took the Bronze in the Ladies Trap I believe .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I've tried International Skeet before and although I could run a 100 straight in American skeet I doubt seriousely if I could go 100 straight at International even when I was at the top of my game !
Low gun makes a BIG difference , plus the birds are thrown faster and hence the targets must be harder to withstand the added velocity !

As far as bunker trap is concerned . I have never shot this before and am sure it is just as difficult !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

6pt-sika wrote:I've tried International Skeet before and although I could run a 100 straight in American skeet I doubt seriousely if I could go 100 straight at International even when I was at the top of my game !
Low gun makes a BIG difference , plus the birds are thrown faster and hence the targets must be harder to withstand the added velocity !
Not to mention the allowable delay they can have after the target is called for before they throw it. What is it, like up to 5 seconds, or something? That would mess with my head, for sure.

Scott