Timely thoughts on retiring from the office of president

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Timely thoughts on retiring from the office of president

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Every day the increasing weight of years admonishes me more and more that the shade of retirement is as necessary to me as it will be welcome. Satisfied that if any circumstances have given peculiar value to my services, they were temporary, I have the consolation to believe that, while choice and prudence invite me to quit the political scene, patriotism does not forbid it.

George Washington
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: Timely thoughts on retiring from the office of president

Post by 1894cfan »

Don't kid yourself, while George might come off as a patriot, he was still just as power hungry as the next president, and the next, and the next, ad nauseum! And it's only gotten worse! :roll:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

George was a patriot, no doubt about it. He served the cause of freedom, gave his all, retired and died way too young. He set an example few of his predecessors even tried to follow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:41 pm George was a patriot, no doubt about it. He served the cause of freedom, gave his all, retired and died way too young. He set an example few of his predecessors even tried to follow.
I really irritated one of my snowflake nephews one time by saying that the closest to George Washington I knew of, in terms of being president during horrific national stress, and trying to do ethical things, was good old Donald Trump. Certainly no saint, and I have my criticisms of his policies and him as a person - but compared to the ones I've remembered (LBJ to present), Reagan was the only other one I felt very genuine and honest. Besides, it was fun to watch a snowflake meltdown by saying that, for sure... :D

Speaking of integrity - I am a HUGE Clarence Thomas fan....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1pi0kc

Funny how the 'incluuuuusive' and 'tollllllllerant' libtards who insist they are so 'progresssssssive', just HATE Thomas, and the cognitive dissonance just fries their little libtard brains - a genuine black man who isn't a step-n-fetch-it 1930's character, which is what the Democrats think black people are supposed to be - nice obedient little political-pawns. The 'liberals' cannot wrap their heads around the concept that a black man can be intelligent and courageous and understand the Big Picture and the Constitution and so on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

No they cannot... :evil: