Ruger/Marlin 1894 Classic 44 Magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
High Desert Hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Ruger/Marlin 1894 Classic 44 Magnum

Post by High Desert Hunter »

Got the 1894 back from North Carolina today. They replaced the forearm, mag tube, forearm band and screw. I am glad they didn't change the barrel, this rifle is accurate! Hope to function test this weekend.

Dave
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Ruger/Marlin 1894 Classic 44 Magnum

Post by Sarge »

I'm glad to hear they took care of you Dave. Please keep us posted.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hopefully mucking around with the forearm doesn't change pressures on the barrel and change accuracy. That' forend/magazine mounting stuff probably the only thing that I find frustrating with 'traditional' lever action rifles; it's difficult to keep the magazine tube and forend from impacting accuracy if anything is changed about them.

I've had a couple leverguns that were almost to the point of being free-floated the way the forend was attached, which were quite accurate, but I've also had a couple where you can tell the barrel was being pushed on quite a bit in the forearm and magazine or installed, if that somehow seemed to actually enhance accuracy.

Seems to be unpredictable.

However, every time I shoot a gun pretty much I'm aware that any accuracy problems are going to more likely be from me than the gun itself.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
High Desert Hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by High Desert Hunter »

Well so far I am very pleased. Ran a mixture of factory and handloads through it today, mostly 44 Mag level. A note, the Magtec 240gr was peppy and accurate, only factory ammo I could get my hands on.
20240505_105907.jpg
First 10 shots at 50 yards, made some adjustments and ran another 40 through it.
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.