Drones as a carcass-finding aid ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Drones as a carcass-finding aid ...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man ... -107499940

I agree not good to use them to hunt or locate live deer to hunt, but seems like not wasting a carcass would justify use

Maybe too many would use that as their excuse for having one aforld they really were using to hunt with.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Drones as a carcass-finding aid ...

Post by GunnyMack »

I know here drones are against the law for hunting aids. Probably are in a lot of states. Drones are just like the Alaska law of no hunting the day you fly into camp.

I got a drone for Christmas, im still trying to figure out its capabilities ( and my own !) But my plan is to use it while bird hunting- video of the dogs working, the flush and the shot. I think it would make great footage.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

In Africa last year, my 2 PH’s used a drone to view my Cape Buffalo after being shot. He stumbled off dragging a front leg, into some of the heaviest brush around. They deployed the drone after a very long wait, as we couldn’t see in to the brush, but by viewing aerial footage, we could see he was down, but watching the back trail.
Circling around I able to finish him off, while he was looking away, not right at us. I don’t know if he could have gotten up and charging, but it was a successful tool under these circumstances.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

I would think he would have a case to claim entrapment. They clearly set him up...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

a cadaver drone? seems to me they are primarily proficient at creating cadavers . . .
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

They offer those services in Wisconsin. They use thermo cameras and are still able to find a heat signature after 24 hours. They can tell by the heat signature if the animal is dead or alive. Once found they cannot give you the coordinates of the deer. They have a screen set up on the truck tailgate, so you have a good idea the area where the deer is. But it is illegal to give you the coordinates. They charge $300 to find your deer. I am sure price varies based on time
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Recently the state has allowed tracking dogs to find your deer. They all seem to be small dogs, must be leashed as well.
If I shoot a deer and can't find it I would use my own dogs without a second thought. To have to wait for a person with a tracking dog to show up could be the difference between recovering the animal or the coyotes getting it.
A drone with thermals is almost ideal but 300 bucks I find hard to swallow!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lassiter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 pmI would think he would have a case to claim entrapment. They clearly set him up...
Since he was advertising his services, not an entrapment case.
Wingenroth, who openly advertised his business in area publications, was told by state game wardens last year that such an activity was illegal, authorities said.
A prudent man would have challenged the law's intent thru other means than being arrested.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!