Northern Lights ? ? ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Northern Lights ? ? ?

Post by Grizz »

One of God's displays of great beauty and mystery. I have missed seeing them every night, have you seen them?

On Fox weather channel is an article and vid talking about the sunspots, and there is a fabulous video in the youtube link.

https://www.foxweather.com/earth-space/ ... t-internet > the article with some illustrations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9m6H6GeLs&t=360s > the video

https://sunspotwatch.com/ >Ham radio operators are tuned into the sunspot cycles. The space weather panel on the right hand side is monitored by amature and commercial radio operators . . .

In the fox discussion there is information about the extent of damage possible by a direct CME hit, detailing how the ground side of the grid can go positive and destroy everything in my house connected to it. My take-away is that if we get a warning that it might happen, we will unplug everything, including t.v. and internet cables. I can unplug the feed line at the outside box, and flip the breaker off at the entry panel, but will also disconnect plugs from the outlets because the house wiring can act like a generator . .

Odds and probabilities are, so far, in our favor. But the delicious thing is that NO politician can do a thing to interrupt the sun's temper tantrums. Think about how grouchy people get in the Texas heat waves, and try to see the sun's dilemma as it Heats UP!
Screenshot 2023-11-11 081703 Here's Looking at You Kid.png
It's NOT paranoia if they really are out to get you . . .

grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Northern Lights ? ? ?

Post by GunnyMack »

I've seen the lights a few times at fish camp in Quebec. An awesome sight to behold.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I walked out of a bar in Dawson City one night in late August 1999. I had a little brown water in me. I looked up to see the most magnificent light show I have ever seen. I was awestruck.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

I had a place on the Kenai Peninsula for almost 40 years, and spent a lot of time star gazing. No pictures or video will come near the shear beauty, and overall heavenly feeling of experiencing the aurora in person. I’ve sat for hours on cold clear evenings watching heavens natural show.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
bgmkithaca
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bgmkithaca »

Back in the 60's I was stationed in Alaska and spent quite a bit of time in the Denali Wilderness, The northern lights were very common- especially in the winter.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

bgmkithaca wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:45 am Back in the 60's I was stationed in Alaska and spent quite a bit of time in the Denali Wilderness, The northern lights were very common- especially in the winter.
especially in deep snow with no moonlight :) and most especially running through the islands with the running lights Off :!: