Inner child warning: Here is T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Inner child warning: Here is T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Oh, man. How many times did I burn off hair and eyebrows with home-made fireworks as a kid? :lol:
The most dangerous was probably the powdered zinc and sulfur mix that duplicated old-fashioned camera flash powder -- and I do mean FOOF! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12fR9neVnS8
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Inner child warning: Here is T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Post by gamekeeper »

Bill, it's a good job the internet didn't exist when I was a kid .... Probably wouldn't be here now if it did.... :lol:
We did all sorts of experiments with fireworks, I remember my brother fixing wings to rockets with disastrous results but the only kid I remember going to hospital was a big headed grammar school boy who thought he knew it all... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:32 am Oh, man. How many times did I burn off hair and eyebrows with home-made fireworks as a kid? :lol:
The most dangerous was probably the powdered zinc and sulfur mix that duplicated old-fashioned camera flash powder -- and I do mean FOOF! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12fR9neVnS8
OK Bill, I nominate you for the most interesting and useful recipe of the year, so far . . ,
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ph boy don't get me started!
A buddy of mine and I made a cannon, it promptly turned into a shrapnel device which sent said buddy to the ER, exploratory surgery to remove the end cap from his belly!
We had a little plastic mule(kids toy ) that one of us gave a colonoscipy with a drill and stuffed with hand ground black that when lit would shoot across the room. You would think we call it the donkey rocket but no it was known as The Flaming A...... ! :lol:
Oh let's not forget the REAL cannon made for the Bicentennial by another buddies dad for a parade that we would assemble in the barn on July 3rd, on the 4th we would open the barn door and roll it out , give it a couple ounces of cannon grade, tennis ball and let er rip! Then roll it back in and close the doors. Wait for the constabulary to drive by and do it again.
Oh and the night we were having a little bon fire by the river and shooting live tennis balls out of the mortar, just as we are loading it we hear from the darkness ' I wouldn't do that if I were you boys '
Oh hiya Sargent Campbell, ok not to worry we will stop.
Sarge- the neighbors are complaining.
I might be incriminating myself so I'll shut up now!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, so many ideas, so little time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

As long as the wheels are turning boys, your inner child is still alive! :lol:
I wonder if there are a bunch of giggling old guys blowing up stuff in Heaven. :lol:
( Bet there is a Gary Larson cartoon in that thought somewhere.)