Got the China virus... again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Got the China virus... again

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Apparently I am not allowed to go on vacation. :(

Mrs. YK and I returned from our SD-WY-MT-ID-UT trip, getting in late on Monday. It was an awesome trip.

Felt fine Tuesday; just tired. Chalked it up to time zone shifts and the vacation.

Wednesday woke up in the middle of the night feeling poorly. Mrs. YK felt bad when she went to bed. Last night she had a fever. We both barely slept.

Took the COVID test this morning, and we both tested positive. Her first time, my second - the first being last year... right after vacation!

Started PRAXLOVID tonight. Hoping for a quiet weekend!
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Got the Big C... again

Post by Pat C »

My Brother n law got it at a realtor convention. Now my sister has it again . Second time in a year for them.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've had it twice.
First time the 2 guys I work with and myself all had the same symptoms almost by the minute! Fever, chills, cough that lingered.
My second go around I tested + but didn't feel bad at all.
One of my coworkers had 1 of the ' vaccines' and has developed a heart condition... other coworkers sister in law was a marathon runner and got the J&J shot. She died in her sleep at 44 years old.
I'll take the infection anyday!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Kid, I hope you and your wife get through this quickly and relatively comfortably. Best wishes.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Hope you get through it quickly. Got my gallbladder removed Monday... wife tested positive Wednesday and I tested positive today. First time for us both. So far just feels like bad allergies.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear this Jay, I hope you and your wife get over it real quick.
I have had it twice but both times I wasn't what I'd call really ill just more like a weird cold and a loss of taste. I make sure I never run out of zinc tablets.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had me scared that you meant cancer, Jay. Hope y'all feel much better real soon.
My neighbor and her sister -- both my age, 70 -- came down with it on the last day of their Alaska cruise. The Paxlovid did wonders.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:17 am Had me scared that you meant cancer, Jay. Hope y'all feel much better real soon.
My neighbor and her sister -- both my age, 70 -- came down with it on the last day of their Alaska cruise. The Paxlovid did wonders.
Same here! :shock:

Last time I had it, it only lasted a few days. Hope it passes soon!

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I really wish they would string up the people who unleashed this on us.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

You got that right!!!

Been kind of achy last few days, figured it was normal age related, but fever hit yesterday evening:(. Things better this morning, so hopefully it was short lived version. Makes Covid in 2020,21,22, and now '23
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

We made it through the National Coffee Country lockdown in fine shape, in spite of delivering supplies all over to folks who weren't allowed out "because we say so". We made it through the next year as well, no issues. Last year we traveled north and spent time with our sons and family while also visiting supporters of the mission work we do. While in the DC area my wife and I came down with the chineseflu. Yep, while wandering around doing tourist stuff in the nation's capital. You're right. Vacations are prime opportunities to catch all kinds of "fun" bugs.

Behave yourselves, get plenty of liquids and rest. I pray you both heal quickly and well.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This one feels worse than it did the first time.

Started on PAXLOVID yesterday. Wish I did not have any taste. The PAXLOVID leaves a metallic taste in your mouth.

Forgot that "Big C" has always referred to cancer and not COVID. Guess we've been too inundated with the darn China-virus for too long. :evil:

Scott, I'm with you - string them all up. :evil: :evil: :evil:
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am I really wish they would string up the people who unleashed this on us.
And . . . that AH Faucie for putting us through all the BS for the last few years.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got the China virus... again

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My local Walmart finally got the Covid 19 vaccine in stock, so I got it -- No. 6 in the series. :shock:
Been sticking with Moderna when possible. This messenger RNA technology will save many many lives over the coming years as it is applied to this and other health challenges.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Maybe Doc can chip in with Amerca's Frontline Doctors website prescription for preventing covid sickness. They have a published prescription that uses zinc and quercetin, plus vita D3 and C. Written this way because these pairs work together. Zinc doesn't work without a second substance that opens up the door to cells so the zinc can kill the cooties. Ivermectin does work against covids.

My instruction to my wife is if I fall ill with a fever, DOSE ME WITH IVER!

But so far, since reinforcing the immune system I have not had any of those cold symptoms. But 'cept ONCE I felt kinda crappy, no fever, but just 'off'. Farther off. And I ingested a squirt of IverM, next day just new normal 'off'. :roll:

Get well fast all you all !

grizz
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am I really wish they would string up the people who unleashed this on us.
Unfortunately, the list of suspects includes too many well - connected rascals.
NRA life member
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

bmtshooter wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:43 pm
Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 amI really wish they would string up the people who unleashed this on us.
Unfortunately, the list of suspects includes too many well - connected rascals.
I don't care... give 'em a choice, hung by the neck till dead or a bullet... I've only been tested once, before a VA visit, negative. I've been out and about all over the country for the last 3 years and nada. I've been on vacation to Atlantic City and this past week in OKC, still fine. Most nights are either at home or in my truck. I did camp for a week in a buddy's travel trailer at a shooting match... I don't know if I'm just naturally immune, or... lucky. I'll take lucky if that's the case. No shots for me. My son is the same... his theory is that we both played in the dirt as kids, probably ingested lots of things that could kill us, but over time increased our immune systems to the point that we're not susceptible to much. My Doc thinks it might be because we both still have our tonsils. I'll take a bout with tonsillitis every now and again.

YK, my prayers are with you and your family. Take care.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Covid now has mutated to be about like it was before 2019 - a run of the mill upper respiratory virus with about 50% barely knowing they are ill, about 5% I'll enough to need meds like an inhaler, and about one out of 500 (older or frail) hospital-sick, and one of 10,000 or so dying. That puts it on par with most of the other seasonal viruses.

Since 95% improve quickly, they will be convinced that whatever they did saved them, be it a vaccine, Paxlovid, Remdesevir, Ivermectin, or Juicy Fruit Chewing gum, so I don't bother trying to educate people as to any actual factual data any more.
Back when the virus had a 1 in 2,500 or so fatality rate it was worth trying to push people to treatments that cut that rate maybe 90%, but at this point the virus is so wimpy it isn't much of a threat.

Now what we are seeing is that the vaccinated and boosted are the ones getting sickest now, AS PREDICTED by serious virologists, due to the difference in the way covid mutates vs influenza, but people are fear-driven, and the vaccine as currently offered seems a bit safer, but still is causing cardiac risk in about 1 out of 100, and may still be killing one in 3,000 to 6,000, but that's a low enough risk it doesn't scare people (although the current covid seems to scare them more than the vaccine, which is illogical).

The vaccines were finally shown not to reduce transmission or risk of infection or serious infection by much at all, and the recent ones don't even have enough human data to show any reliability OR safety, nor does Paxlovid, and Remdesevir showed to be dangerous and deadly, and no more effective than placebo.

But compared to the tactics that actually reduce viral spread and severity, like vitamin D and zinc and quercetin and so-far still ivermectin, the patented drugs are advertised heavily, promoted not only to doctors by pizza-bearing drug reps with pushup-bras, but also lucrative hospital contracts due to bonuses and rebates. So it is not possible to compete with that.

I try to help those who are interested and don't bother with those who aren't, because I'm not going to convince them their choices are wrong, and at least the vaccines aren't causing much immediate harm at this point other than recipients getting statistically sicker than non-recipients, but the gaslighting has been so successful in the U.S. vs other places that I won't ever be able to counter it. It's like convincing vegetarians that they should eat meat.

Do what you want, and if it gives you confidence and allays fear, that's a good thing, even if it may actually increase risk, since the risks so far seem fairly small regardless of what treatment path you choose. I just hate to see a treatment worse than the disease, but that's not unusual in medicine.

The current booster is clearly in that category.

https://twitter.com/backtolife_2023/sta ... ediaviewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZzZIcqIrI

As Baltasar Gracián probably originally commented, but Samuel Clements got credit for, "it's easier to fool someone the first time than it is to convince them they've been fooled". Nowhere has that been greater than with covid. I've a patient who is a physician who got vaccinated and ridiculed any hesitation, "almost everyone in our group got vaccinated and none have had any issues". Later on when one in the group had clot-related side effects and nearly died, the one who was my patient started acknowledging "there may be some serious risks with the vaccines..."; That small of a sample size (their medical group) makes a rational inference of safety impossible - yet adding "n plus one" and all of a sudden the signal is there... :roll: Most covid 'science' so far has been based on three things: anecdotes, mice, and fear, when medicine is supposed to be based on scientific studies, done on humans, and analyzed objectively.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Griff, I too spent my younger years in the dirt and have my tonsils- had it twice...so that theory doesn't hold water :lol:

What gets me are these professional athletes that seem to be dropping dead with heart conditions- they got forced into or volunteered to get the jabs and they wake up dead...
Nope not gonna do it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, I got a flu shot and a TDAP booster a few weeks back, so I must be a real sucker. I don't think I had the tetanus shot since I went to Africa in 2007.
Heck, I am even considering the RSV vaccine along with Shingrex No. 2 ... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill those vaccines you mention are PROVEN, unlike this experimental covid vax.
How many hundreds of thousands were saved from polio, chicken pox, measles when those vax's were tested over and over. Sorry but this vax that was developed in weeks or months and shoved out to market without proper testing just doesn't fly in my book.
OR has this been planned for years and they already had this 'cure' ?
My conspiracy sense are tingling...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Okay there is something else out there too. Tested for Covid at Dr’s Thursday, negative. Friday feeling poorly. Saturday full blown URI. We’ll see where it goes.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

PROVEN vaccines, that’s a good one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:22 am ...promoted not only to doctors by pizza-bearing drug reps with pushup-bras...
Pizza and ...? :shock:

Throw in leverguns doc, and you have the trifecta! :lol:

PAXLOVID gives you a heck of a metallic taste and some nasty consequences on the south end of a north-bound person. I feel a bit better today, so maybe it is the medicine, probably just time and a good night's sleep (finally). Being without a spleen from an automobile accident in 1983, I'm just susceptible to everything. :roll:

Mrs. YK feels worse today, but didn't sleep last night, so that is where I am laying my money.

I think that China, fearing a second Trump administration, attacked us with a biological weapon. Plain and simple. :evil:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jay, hope your bride comes around real soon.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Well, I'm feeling a lot better. Two days of a bit of fever to go with the 4 days of body ache, so 4 days total isn't bad. I am in trouble though. I gave it to the wife twice after I had it, years past, and she just came into the living room with a look on her face and grabbed the thermometer and mumbled that " I was in big trouble" !!!! Third time is NOT the charm here.

Durned kid at our gun show last weekend. Came to the table with parents and just opened his mouth and started hacking. Mom told him to cover his mouth with his hand and he looked at her and asked "why?" With the look I was giving the kid, they left quickly, but not quick enough!!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I do think about this at gun shows, wandering shoulder to shoulder with people who haven't the least inclination to cover their mouths -- or stay the heck home if they are sick.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:58 am I do think about this at gun shows, wandering shoulder to shoulder with people who haven't the least inclination to cover their mouths -- or stay the heck home if they are sick.
Yup stay home!
It's always been COMMON SENSE to stay home when sick. The worst are the moms with little Johnny hacking and snotting sitting in the shopping cart just spreading typhoid after the doctor visit!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:59 am Started on PAXLOVID yesterday. Wish I did not have any taste. The PAXLOVID leaves a metallic taste in your mouth.
Consider yourself LUCKY Jay -- as it tasted like PUKE for me, for 4 days straight...........

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:53 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:59 am Started on PAXLOVID yesterday. Wish I did not have any taste. The PAXLOVID leaves a metallic taste in your mouth.
Consider yourself LUCKY Jay -- as it tasted like PUKE for me, for 4 days straight...........

Old No7
You are probably more accurate on your assessment Darryl! :lol:

Still have the taste. A couple more days of pills to go through too...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Had the Fauci Virus once. Before the vaccine came out. I lost all sense of taste and smell. One shot of the vaccine and at least 50 TIAs, and 1 major stroke. I am on blood thinners for life. If I get a mosquito bite, it bleeds for 5 minutes. No more Covid shots for me. A week in the ICU was enough. I have only one symptom hanging on from the vaccine. My sense of balance will never fully recover.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:02 pm Had the Fauci Virus once. Before the vaccine came out. I lost all sense of taste and smell. One shot of the vaccine and at least 50 TIAs, and 1 major stroke. I am on blood thinners for life. If I get a mosquito bite, it bleeds for 5 minutes. No more Covid shots for me. A week in the ICU was enough. I have only one symptom hanging on from the vaccine. My sense of balance will never fully recover.
Been having some luck with a three drug regimen...

Nattokinase, Ivermectin, and low dose naltrexone.

All seem safe and six weeks in usually symptoms start improving. Not sure how to select best candidates - every expert weighing on using more than trial and error seems to have a slew of $900 tests they do monthly and I can't see the tests really results in clear changes in the ultimate regimen. Anyway food for thought to ask your docs about.

Seems like about 1/4 of the cases of this long-haul stuff are post covid, 1/2 post vaccine and 1/4 mixed or unsure.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

They ain’t sticking me or my wife with nothing………makes no sense as it doesn’t prevent you from getting it anyway. Once something is in your blood, you have it for life…if you live……my wife and I both have had it twice and came through fine after a few days.

My wife’s brother who could literally lift a small car to get it on cinder blocks got the shot last year, developed blood clots and now he couldn’t lift a feather.

My wife’s sisters husband got the shot (my BIL) on advice of his doctor because he is a diabetic two months ago and had a heart attack last month…63 y.o. It was a mild heart attack but he can’t do nothing. He is a butcher and was used to lifting hind quarters of beef off the hook and lifting deer off the hook.

It’s not a proven and tested vaccine……..Doc AJMD knows more about this than anyone here but I’m using common sense as I now know two people who are near worthless. Last week I climbed 24’ up a tree to top off a heavy branch. The best defense is to recover naturally…..

The only shot I’ve had in 25 years was a pain shot for a kidney stone and a tetanus shot………..once in a while a shot of Wild Turkey and I’m also been known to have shot guns.

Why anyone would put something in their body that the government tells you is fine has to have the mind of a fish….nothing personal to those that did but I plan on doing it my way…as “Old Blues Eyes” used to say……….-006

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/why-do ... right-now/
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

SAME HERE 100%
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:33 am Jay, hope your bride comes around real soon.
Thank you Bill.

I tested negative on Thursday, but my bride still tested positive, and feels worse than me. Don't know if this is due to it being her first time getting the China virus, and my second. We're still both exhausted and fighting a constant headache. Had to cancel going to our grand-nephew's birthday tomorrow. Probably not contagious, but I don't want to risk it (and catch the blame).

I hate China. :evil: :evil: :evil:
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:41 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:33 am Jay, hope your bride comes around real soon.
Thank you Bill.

I tested negative on Thursday, but my bride still tested positive, and feels worse than me. Don't know if this is due to it being her first time getting the China virus, and my second. We're still both exhausted and fighting a constant headache. Had to cancel going to our grand-nephew's birthday tomorrow. Probably not contagious, but I don't want to risk it (and catch the blame).

I hate China. :evil: :evil: :evil:
It hit me harder with the second round. With all the mutations (which are part of the reason "vaccines" don't work for it) it's hard to know which variety you picked up or if you're rocking a whole new version. Kind of like the old "Good news/Bad news" joke: "The good news is that we're going to name a new disease after you. The bad news is that there's obviously no known treatment or cure."

I pray that both you and your spouse heal quickly and well. Take it easy as your body recovers. This stuff is NASTY and if you try to "cowboy up" you just may end up on the other side of the sod.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This is one of the things I find concerning…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bykt4eyiDPc

The longer version

https://youtu.be/PnJ5T1Enwq4

…but ‘follow the science’ these days really means ‘follow the money’; it’s just a surprise that those normally skeptical of big-business collusion with government, are among the most fervent advocates of interventions that have clear science revealing them to be ineffective and dangerous, with what little ‘support’ there is limited to anecdotes (which would be countered 10:1 by counter-anecdotes were they not censored, and ‘studies’ we keep finding out were fraudulent.

Some brave souls (or ‘fools’, depending on who you asked) were the first to get smallpox vaccines (even though many people warned them they might be anything from a deadly mistake to a conspiracy to kill them). Those patients probably had their lives saved…! But I’m not sure that these days we can count on the government or the pharmaceutical industry to be as honest as scientists were a century ago.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AmBraCol wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:28 am I pray that both you and your spouse heal quickly and well. Take it easy as your body recovers. This stuff is NASTY and if you try to "cowboy up" you just may end up on the other side of the sod.
Thank you Paul.

Problem is, like most of us here, I am from an age where you didn't "call into work, you crawled into work". Unless you were on death's door, you came in.

And since I work from home when I am not traveling, I usually end up working a lot when I wouldn't had I have to go into a physical workplace.

I need to learn to set a better example.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

For conscientious individuals, like you no doubt are, ‘working at home’ also leads to over-working, since the boundaries are blurred. You likely do lots without ‘clocking in’.

Of course the lazy-bones do the opposite when working at home vs office.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's funny Doc. I've been working out of a home office for just shy of 30 years now. I can't imagine having to go into an office each day (I did start my career doing so). When the pandemic kicked off and people started using video meetings, everyone would ask me how I was handling working from home. I would laugh and say, "you all are just catching up to me. I've been doing this for a quarter century!"

You are absolutely right. The lines get blurred. I remember my first Valentines Day working from home. I was home, not seeing customers, and Mrs. YK made a nice, romantic dinner for us. It was back in the day when I couldn't save my work, and if I lost my connection, I lost the work. She called me for dinner, and I said I'd be down in 5 minutes.

45 minutes later, work finished, I come down. The candles are out, a napkin is over my plate, and SWMBO is sitting in her chair, fuming. NOT a romantic night! :shock: