range day, a couple decades ago . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

range day, a couple decades ago . . .

Post by Grizz »

RangeDay.jpg

rare time when the target isn't sea shells. maybe a new load, IDK.
Bench Rest.jpg
The Alaska Bench Rest dot com . . . I used the rest to double check my loads and my stability. Large bears hang out in those hills and dales, they can outrun a quarter horse, which is why my rifle shoots bullets at 950 miles per hour for the hopeful intercept...

The companion Redhawk 44 is on the hip. This was after I made lots of meat over the previous decades with a 10 inch super blackhawk 44 using a 325Gr cast plain base bullet. The redhawk shoots 405Gr hard cast. It's about the numbers.

I had a 7mm mag that I shot at this range. 3 different bullet weights all went into the black, and the heaviest went about an inch and a half below. I worked up loads from loading manuals. The deer were the bullet traps. I stopped carrying it because it didn't have the numbers I wanted. But it was a straight shooter.

Unbelievably good memories hide about on back up hard drives that get reviewed from time to time. It's like going out all over again.

grizz

I bet Y'all got those exact kind of memories . . ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: range day, a couple decades ago . . .

Post by Blaine »

Here's a little trip up in the Olympics from.....20 years ago?.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I really enjoy these photos.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Dang it, Grizz, you are making me hurt ALL OVER to go back to Alaska, though I was only there for a few days about 15 years ago, fly-fishing a tributary of the Stikine out of Wrangell.
My middle brother is leaving for a week fishing near Soldotna on the 1st of September, and I will certainly be going along vicariously.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Cool!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

There's ol' John in his younger days....I hope he's doing well.

Thanks for the pictures, guys!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I'm assuming one is the tubaman and another grizz with the fairer one being one or the other's daughter or granddaughter.
To see if I could ken just who was who I did an image search for b----e g----r , s-----y wa. and this was the first result......
R.jpeg
which did not help at all.....
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:24 am I'm assuming one is the tubaman and another grizz with the fairer one being one or the other's daughter or granddaughter.
To see if I could ken just who was who I did an image search for b----e g----r , s-----y wa. and this was the first result......

R.jpeg

No, I took the pic....Grizz is standing next to his Daughter (who is a deep water ship captain) The other rascal is Fred, a once-time forumite that was asked to leave for telling the truth, albeit in an unacceptable manner :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ray wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:24 am I'm assuming one is the tubaman and another grizz with the fairer one being one or the other's daughter or granddaughter.

R.jpeg

is that you Ray?
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

"is that you Ray?"

No. I'm "mixed" as they say but not no where near that "mixed". One of my great grandmothers was thought to be scot-irish corrupted with a caloosian & plantation child admixture.....but one of her grandmother's maiden name was rowe, thought to be an anglisation of rowenstein. That lady's father was given named solomon and his dad in turn was abrahm. So englisher, irish sot, scottish horse thief, cross-eyed bow-legged aborigine, white-passing quadroon or octoroon escaped slave plus ashkenazi pawn broker..... almost forgot huguenot froggies whose first language was oddly alsatian german.

The "Irish" part is questionable as well.....John Odell with no apostrophe was thought to be our irishman root. He proved to be a danish ship captain and early resident of new amsterdam (manhattan).
Last edited by Ray on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ray wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:01 pm "is that you Ray?"

No. I'm "mixed" as they say but not no where near that "mixed". One of my great grandmothers was thought to be scot-irish corrupted with a caloosian & plantation child admixture.....but one of her grandmother's maiden name was rowe, thought to be an anglisation of rowenstein. That lady's father was given named solomon and his dad in turn was abrahm. So englisher, irish sot, scottish horse thief, cross-eyed bow-legged aborigine, white-passing quadroon or octoroon escaped slave plus ashkenazi pawn broker..... almost forgot huguenot froggies whose first language was oddly alsatian german.
everyone is mixed, it's normal
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Just saying, if by using gov. maddox's "one drop rule" to be considered "coloured" then I'm an albino freak whose hue would serve a vampire well. Three decades of working nights and seldom seeing sunshine don't help much in the melanin density and vitamin d absorption either.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ray wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:17 pm Just saying, if by using gov. maddox's "one drop rule" to be considered "coloured" then I'm an albino freak whose hue would serve a vampire well. Three decades of working nights and seldom seeing sunshine don't help much in the melanin density and vitamin d absorption either.
Just saying, by using Christ's Rule, we are all blood relatives, descended from Adam and Noah, and there are no "races" from that POV.