Leader Of The Packwood, WA Street Gang

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Leader Of The Packwood, WA Street Gang

Post by Blaine »

He had about 40 cows with him.
As I drove from Packwood to Morton (US Hwy 12) I must have seen another 200. Lots of them grazing with the cattle. Odie was barking and growling and I thought for a second this guy was going to attack. I'm in the car.....Mom didn't raise any stupid kids :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Leader Of The Packwood, WA Street Gang

Post by Grizz »

Nice picture...they might spend the hunting season right in Morton, or ghost off into the cloud base . . .
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Cool Blaine, velvet looks great with the back lite. You spelled stoopid weong. 🥸
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Packwood, eh? Our Troop 46 Scoutmaster had a cabin in Packwood. We had a campout there one time and he let me shoot his old Smith & Wesson in .38 S&W. This was probably the first centerfire handgun I had ever shot, and I was quite taken with it.
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

Lived in Morton for a couple of years while in grade school. Bought my first gun while living there, Winchester model 37 in .410. Paid for it with my hard earned paper route money, think it was $35. My sister married and stayed there. Later my dad and brother moved back there. In those days one could roam the hills and logging roads wherever you wanted. Miss those days.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

win40-82 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:39 am Lived in Morton for a couple of years while in grade school. Bought my first gun while living there, Winchester model 37 in .410. Paid for it with my hard earned paper route money, think it was $35. My sister married and stayed there. Later my dad and brother moved back there. In those days one could roam the hills and logging roads wherever you wanted. Miss those days.
It's a great little town. I go there a few times a month to go to Spiffy's Hamburger joint...I'm sure you've been all over Skate Creek Road, too.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Blaine,
Were you around when that field behind the elk was the community ballfield? I lived in Randle from 1974 to 78 and Morton from 1978 to 86.
I was the scoutmaster of the troop that had the first Eagle scout from Morton. Good memories
gb
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

geobru wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:32 pm Blaine,
Were you around when that field behind the elk was the community ballfield? I lived in Randle from 1974 to 78 and Morton from 1978 to 86.
I was the scoutmaster of the troop that had the first Eagle scout from Morton. Good memories
gb
I got to Ft Lewis in 1985. I didn't start going to Morton, Packwood, Skate Creek until after I retired in '92. I always get a kick out of the sign for "Peter's Inn" but it hasn't been open for years and years.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV