Mother in Law's Visit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Mother in Law's Visit

Post by COSteve »

A few weeks ago my wife and I took a 3 day, 2,400 mile blast road trip to Stockton, CA and then back home to pickup her mom where she's staying with my wife's sister, to bring her out here for an extended stay. Even though she's my MIL and 95 years young, she's actually great to have around. The three of us seem to always be laughing and just enjoying the time together.

She loves to travel and the three of us have gone on many trips together all over the western US. It's a blessing to have relatives that you can enjoy for extended times and we are cherishing every day with her. I've got some great ideas for outings this summer, fall, winter and hopefully into next spring. Also, she loves the "island food" style of evening cocktail event (standing around the island in the kitchen, munching on raw vegetables and whatnot with a cocktail before dinner) that my wife and I have gravitated to since I retired some 15 1/2 years ago.

As to the 'short' drive, my 2016 Chevy Tahoe is hands down my all time favorite road trip vehicle as it's really quiet, great seating position, high enough to see around the traffic and powerful enough to make cruising at 80+ mph out here a pleasure. I admit, I love to drive out in the open road and this trip was an attempt to pick her up between snow storms that were coming in waves every few days through California's Sierras, Utah, Wyoming, and then Colorado.

We got up really early one morning and I drove from the Denver area to Reno, NV (slightly over 1,000 miles), slept and then picked her up in Stockton and immediately turned around and headed back to Elko, NV for the night. Then the next morning it was on to home. We managed to miss all the storms so our drive was completely on dry, safe highways just like I like it.

We're hoping that she'll stay long past Christmas into next year as we've had her stay before for months and all had a great time. Before that, she's looking forward to staying here by herself, house sitting with the dogs, for a few weeks in early June when we take a trip for France. Our neighbors lso really enjoy her company as well and they all have volunteered to watch out for her, take her to the store when she needs to go, and even come over and visit. But honestly, she's looking forward to being alone, wearing her 'jammies' and doing her own thing.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Mother in Law's Visit

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like a win win for you and your mother in law.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.