Speaking of Handloading . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Speaking of Handloading . . .

Post by COSteve »

So, I've been looking over my inventory of finished ammo and realized that I've got a lot . . . I mean a lot! We had a cold and snowy winter and a wet spring so it's been hard to get out to my range as it's an outdoor one. Also, when it's dreary outside, there's nothing more relaxing and satisfying to me than going down to the basement and working up a couple hundred of my most used calibers.

Plus, I stumbled into a super deal on an 8 lb keg of Shooters World Precision powder at my local reloading store so I made up a few ladders worth of both some 5.56 level loads using some 68grn Hornady HPBT bullets for my 'Apple Shooter' and some .308 loads using some 168grn Sierra Match King bullets for my M1A and was able to squeak in some time at the range to see which loads I liked.

Together, both situations have resulted in my stock reserve being at an historic high for this time of year. And, on top of that, come June, we are taking a trip to France for 2 1/2 weeks so I'll miss those opportunities to go out and make smoke too. I guess that you'd have to say that's a 1st world problem.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Speaking of Handloading . . .

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I wish I had that trouble... it looks that I'll be having to load in the heat of the summer to keep up with the shooting schedule. Weather was poor here and since my reloading shop is out in the barn, My Aprils and Octobers are usually when I fill the cans with ammo to get thru the winter & summer shooting matches. That, plus I did shoot more this winter than usual, means my supplies are at an all time low! I'll need primers before next summer and caps before this summer! Brass, powder & bullets I have aplenty!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’m loading ammo for the Holiday right now, but I’m thinking that I never shoot that much because I enjoy visiting so much!

But I’m sure I’ll have plenty of.45 Colt.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

I hit the reloading bench for relaxation, and like the OP, during this past loooong winter. Lots of loaded ammo ready to play and hunt
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:17 pm I’m loading ammo for the Holiday right now, but I’m thinking that I never shoot that much because I enjoy visiting so much!

But I’m sure I’ll have plenty of.45 Colt.
I stay far enough ahead these days that all I have to do is decide which ammo can I am gonna take. My guns and ammo are ready for the Holiday. I have 3 pair of clean underwear tossed in with them. I am good for a couple weeks.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Jim, you must remember that I roomed with you at my first Holiday. I’m still afraid that Rene Brost will publish that photograph of you and me outside of the Competitor Housing!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:44 am Jim, you must remember that I roomed with you at my first Holiday. I’m still afraid that Rene Brost will publish that photograph of you and me outside of the Competitor Housing!
I am at the age, Scott, where I really don't mind if she does. :lol:
IMG_0657.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought in well above bulk quantities over the last two years as I was getting stuff at cut rate prices . I most likely had in excess of way over the top . Anyway I’ve sold off some . Mostly at SxS shoots , think I sold about 109 pounds last month at the Southern . I had stocked up in anticipation of being here many more years , but if I move to the Philippines I sure can’t take it with me so I e trimmed off a good bit .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !