shipping ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

shipping ammo

Post by FLINT »

I've got some ammo up for sale on GB. Haven't shipped ammo in several years. someone asked for a shipping quote to texas (from VA). I went to the UPS shipping calculator site, put in all the info and the quote was $27.48. Does that sound normal? Seems high but maybe that's what it costs.

I'd be shipping two mostly full boxes of 50, 45 colt ammo. total weight 6lbs. dimensions ~ 4" x 5" x 7"

just making sure I'm not missing anything and that there isn't some secret better way to ship.

thanks
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: shipping ammo

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd say add a few bucks to what ups estimates , covers in case it's more.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

UPS ground. It helps to cut down a small box so the ammo boxes just fit inside, and tape it up solid. They measure WxLxH plus weight to come to their shipping cost.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Don't forget to add the square with black triangles thingy. https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipp ... ition.page
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

ok, thanks.

I just wanted to see if you thought $27 sounded like a 'normal' shipping cost for 2 boxes of ammo. I'm not sure how accurate these shipping calculators are.
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

FLINT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:00 am ok, thanks.

I just wanted to see if you thought $27 sounded like a 'normal' shipping cost for 2 boxes of ammo. I'm not sure how accurate these shipping calculators are.
Better add another $5.00. It is required to have the ammunition signed for and that costs another $5.00…