Did Galco steal my idea?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Did Galco steal my idea?

Post by wvfarrier »

First, its totally my fault since I sent them pictures of my alterations.

The original design was made when I modified one of their Phoenix revolver holsters to use the Safariland QLS system. It turned out really well and I sent them a picture of it along with the modifications I made.

The mod allows someone to use ANY of the Safariland QLS holsters for belt ride, mid ride or thigh rigs. This was about 14 months ago. Anyway, I got an email advertisement from them for their "new" Big Iron holster.

It seems to me it is essentially what I sent them with exception they used a slightly different holster (a modified DAO strongside as opposed to the phoenix). Its not a big deal but I am little salty they did not have the courtesy to mention using my idea.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/big-iro ... _1598.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Did Galco steal my idea?

Post by Blaine »

If you can prove it, go after them.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Blaine wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:53 am If you can prove it, go after them.
Really? For what? Patent infringement? Show me the patent. Not saying it was nice to steal the idea -- but it was not a crime or a tort...

If you want to really get ripped off, find a shyster to take the case and see where that gets you, except in to debt to the lawyer.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

They took a few designs from Simply Rugged also. They don't care, the money they make while the lawyers delay is profit.
It is not the critic who counts
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pisgah wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:38 am
Blaine wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:53 amIf you can prove it, go after them.
Really? For what? Patent infringement? Show me the patent. Not saying it was nice to steal the idea -- but it was not a crime or a tort...
If you want to really get ripped off, find a shyster to take the case and see where that gets you, except in to debt to the lawyer.
Actually, I don't think you can get a patent on a holster... especially utilizing someone else's design (that might be patented in its own right), to attach to a holster.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I wasnt insinuating I wanted anything as I do not. I am tickled that they are building the Big Iron so I dont have to make anymore 🤣🤣🤣
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Still, it would have been nice for them to acknowledge your input. My bet is their lawyers told them they can't. :evil: