Belt Mountain base pin won't enter rear of Blackhawk frame

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Belt Mountain base pin won't enter rear of Blackhawk frame

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Got another one of these from Kelye Brost, this one for the .41. It is a very snug fut through the barrel end of the frame, but it won't enter the rear. I tried to clean up the edges of the hole with a little wire wheel on a Dremel, otherwise it is a tough angle to address straight on. Thinking my best solution will be to chuck the pin in a drill and give it a light touch with very fine wet-or-dry sandpaper -- like 1200 grit. Has anyone else had this issue? First time for me and I have probably bought four or five from Kelye over the years.
JimT
Shootist

Re: Belt Mountain base pin won't enter rear of Blackhawk frame

Post by JimT »

Never encountered that problem. Your solution may work. Before you do that make sure it's not the cross pin latch that's causing the issue. Loosen the screw and take it out (don't drop the spring :D ) and see if that changes anything.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I think I'd do some careful measuring before I went altering my gun.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Of course you're right, Griff. It's a whole lot easier to replace a pin than to have to replace a gun.