What's with the 'Glock Switch's...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

What's with the 'Glock Switch's...?

Post by AJMD429 »

They are making a big deal that the governor of Indiana signed a law making them illegal. I thought that anything that converted a semi-automatic to fully automatic was already illegal. Is this just a case of once again some kind of symbolic redundant legislation for political preening and posturing...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Re: What's with the 'Glock Switch's...?

Post by JimT »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:32 am .
They are making a big deal that the governor of Indiana signed a law making them illegal. I thought that anything that converted a semi-automatic to fully automatic was already illegal. Is this just a case of once again some kind of symbolic redundant legislation for political preening and posturing...?
Maybe their State Law didn't have that provision like Federal Law does?
Just giving a possibility that it wasn't a stupid political move to gain more support from one faction or the other. :roll:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Or, it could be just playing to the loudest and dumbest crowd for political gain.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Just stupid people being stupid.
Slow is just slow.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

From what I read some people are accusing the FEDs of not prosecuting these violations. So they want to be able to prosecute these at the state level.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

As a side note Glock brought a model 18 along with a case of ammunition to our range in the early 90's trying to sell our agency one. The 18 is a selective fire version of the popular 19. The 18 was the reason for the extended 33 round magazine. This model was made with executive protection security in mind because it's easily concealable. The first guy to fire it shot the ceiling because it is difficult to control. I had to lean into it and focus on forcing it down to hit the target. It was fun to shoot but we had no use for something like this.

It had a selective fire switch on the left side of the slide and Glock wouldn't let us take it apart to see how it worked.

I have seen the Glock Switches for sale on the internet and I believe that most are made in China and promptly forwarded these ads to the ATF. There have been several juveniles arrested here that had these installed on their pistols.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Yep, just turning that 17 into and aftermarket 18. A real ammo burner. Never shot an 18 but have fired a MAC 11 in 9mm. Talk about an ammo burner!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

After my Covid vaccine strokes, I can no longer outrun a Glock 17. Previously I could pull the trigger faster than it could reset. I have tried that on a Smith&Walther model 99. That ultra short reset allows for a mag dump as fast as anything I have ever seen. I don't let many people touch that gun because a 2 or 3 shot burst almost always happens because the recoil moves your finger enough to allow a reset and an unanticipated second shot. Dropping it will not set it off. If I needed to stop an attacker with that gun, I would start at the belt and let the 8th shot hit about the heart. The compact 40 cal holds only 8 shots, and all 8 can go out before the muzzle flip happens. If you do not know how to use it, that model is dangerous.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost