Yuck....'mushroom season...'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Yuck....'mushroom season...'

Post by AJMD429 »

so now we get all the city slickers roaming around our property and when you confront them they say "....we was just hunting mushrooms..." :roll:

Only thing worse is the ginseng hunters.

No concept of this thing called "private property". :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Yuck....'mushroom season...'

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Post "private property" signs on your land - then greet them with a shotgun. Word will get around.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

11.christmas22b.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I live pretty remote and a few years back I had a guy walking through my front yard. When I went out to see what he was doing and tell him to leave he said,"Oh it's OK, I'm just hunting mushrooms". Sigh.
Click Click Boom
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Nearby fireworks sales place used to direct their customers down out little dirt lane to set their stuff over our pond. After shooin' many folks out... This is a private road and you're tresspassing, I finally went to the friendly sales guy and told him I didn't appreciate him tellin' his customers to set off their fireworks in close proximity to my usually by the 4th of July dried grass fields. Let him know that he was encouraging folks to trespass on private property. I've actually had several of them (trespassers) call the Sheriff's Department complaining about me enforcing my rights. Always a laugh, when a Deputy shows up, thanks me for doing their job... and runs the idiots off. Luckily, it's been a number of years since the last incident... not sure any of the younger Deputies would remember me...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When I was a kid, we didn't have much trouble. There were two neighbors who had different techniques, but both were effective. The one who had a lot of money and influence would find vehicles parked on his property and most of the time just use his front end loader to flip the vehicle over on its roof. He had enough political connections that he never got in trouble for it. The other guy didn't have a front end loader so he would just take a gallon milk jug of gasoline and throw it under the vehicle and set fire to it. I'm not sure how he managed to not get in trouble but I can tell you one thing. Nobody parked on their land very often. One of my friends did jumping jacks on the hood of a car and caved it in because they had come back to our property a second time after our leaving a note on their vehicle the first time advising them not to return. The worst thing I did personally as a teenage kid was find a vehicle parked close to the river and as I was checking the vehicle inside to see if I could find some identification, somehow I must have accidentally put it in neutral and disengage the parking brake. I remember my mother diplomatically explaining to the people who came up to the door after seeing their car had rolled into the river, that perhaps when they were parking on someone else's property they might want to check to see if the ground was level enough to park safely near the river...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Doc, ya need a sheet of plywood and paint on it ALL MUSHROOMS HAVE BEEN SPRAYED WITH AGENT ORANGE.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:05 pm .
When I was a kid, we didn't have much trouble. There were two neighbors who had different techniques, but both were effective. The one who had a lot of money and influence would find vehicles parked on his property and most of the time just use his front end loader to flip the vehicle over on its roof. He had enough political connections that he never got in trouble for it. The other guy didn't have a front end loader so he would just take a gallon milk jug of gasoline and throw it under the vehicle and set fire to it. I'm not sure how he managed to not get in trouble but I can tell you one thing. Nobody parked on their land very often. One of my friends did jumping jacks on the hood of a car and caved it in because they had come back to our property a second time after our leaving a note on their vehicle the first time advising them not to return. The worst thing I did personally as a teenage kid was find a vehicle parked close to the river and as I was checking the vehicle inside to see if I could find some identification, somehow I must have accidentally put it in neutral and disengage the parking brake. I remember my mother diplomatically explaining to the people who came up to the door after seeing their car had rolled into the river, that perhaps when they were parking on someone else's property they might want to check to see if the ground was level enough to park safely near the river...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Eons ago my folks had a couple of properties in the Big Bear area. One had a small two room cabin (hey, the women really wanted a separate bathroom). The other was unimproved and "outside of town".

I can only remember one incident at the cabin. It was a pretty big lot. It ws flat (not all that common) and the "streets" were still graded dirt. We arrived one Friday afternoon to find a group or "hunters" set up in the lot. When dad ask them to leave explaining it was private property a couple got upset insisting that the area was national forest and they could camp wherever they wanted.

Obiously decades before any type or wireless phone so to summon the contabulary would reqire someone driving to at least the nearest phone.

One of the less drunk indiviuals realized that in my dad's beslt was a Wather P-38. Looking at dad you could tell his age. Looking at the pistol they figured out they were confronting a WWII combat vet. The decided to leave.

We did have a number of others that camped on the other property and usually left a mess. Even though it ws clearly posted theses slobs chose to ignore the signs. Or shoot them or tear them down.
Other's that had adjoing properties had the same problems. The eventual solution was for dad and the other owners taking turns on the weekends heading up and keeping an eye on things. To my knowledge none of those events caused any serious confrontations. But they also contacted the tresspasser before they had time to start drinking.

My parents finally sold both properties after all of us kids were grown. I sometimes wish they had kept them. But the reality is they are now completely built up with paved streets, street lights, and full utility connections. Heck, you get anywhere around Big Bear and the light polution is so bad it's a crying shame.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad