The 22-ish caliber pistols compared...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The 22-ish caliber pistols compared...

Post by AJMD429 »

Kinda interesting...

https://youtu.be/cf0dzIsELDE

I do like the 22 TCM...maybe my '1911 bias' is showing...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The 22-ish caliber pistols compared...

Post by Ray »

Did I hear someone say .22 t.c.m. (9r) ?
IMG_20230401_225535176~2.jpg
Whenever we go across the tracks....that is to say, beyond the figurative tugela river from the natal into bantuland......where the aging business district is located, we tend to carry something that has great capacity and will defeat soft, unplated kevlar.

56 rounds ready if needed in that little plastic box. The regular factory loaded t.c.m. is easily and quickly shortened to 9r o.a.l. on the bandsaw by removing the lead nose back to the copper jacket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hi Doc, nothing new here to those who read. The 22 TCM has every ballistic advantage you could ever wish for over all other 22's, including the 5.7. The 5.7 is an expensive head ache in my opinion. You can't reload for it without severe complications and factory ammo is stupid expensive. I know some here favor it as a cartridge but because it cannot be easily reloaded, I will never own a firearm in this cartridge. If you only buy ammo, then this is the cartridge for you. If you hand load, this cartridge is not for you at all.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Tutt, did you ever locate the Ruger 22 mag you were looking for?
The Walther WMP looks like a winner.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't yet have one, but it is on the wish list. A few things must be done first.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

piller wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:34 pm I don't yet have one, but it is on the wish list. A few things must be done first.
Re. .22 wmr self-loader, what is the consensus on kel-tec versus walther ? Similar online prices though the kel-tec can be found for a few shekels less now that the "new" has worn off it.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

KelTec is reported to be extremely ammo finicky. It even says on KelTec's website to only use the ammo they list.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

4t5 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:35 am Tutt, did you ever locate the Ruger 22 mag you were looking for?
The Walther WMP looks like a winner.
No my friend, not yet. Much of what links were sent to me were not actually available when I called them, and beyond that, I came to the conclusion that I need to invest in something for concealed carry more importantly. And I also need to plan for a trip to Poland or Ukraine in the near future and I'm retired now but hoping to go back to work part time. It may not be this year, but next year for certain.

Thanks for asking and for trying to find me a good hand gun in 22 Mag, I do appreciate it. The 22 Walther, while reliable probably, just doesn't excite me.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel