Rebuilding Notre Dame cathedral spire

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Rebuilding Notre Dame cathedral spire

Post by Ray Newman »

Making progress on the rebuilding -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqeJiwg3og
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rebuilding Notre Dame cathedral spire

Post by GunnyMack »

I remember watching the cathedral burning, the history, architecture and the time it stood really was heart wrenching to see happen.
Happy to see it being reproduced.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm I remember watching the cathedral burning, the history, architecture and the time it stood really was heart wrenching to see happen.
Happy to see it being reproduced.
+1 - both counts!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The quality of the lumber, the incredible skills of the carpenters are testimony to the incredible workmanship displayed by the generations of craftsmen who worked on that cathedral from 1163 to 1345.
The geometry of the architecture, the imagination that conceived of it are beyond belief. And a year after it opened, here came the Black Death.
Thanks for posting, Ray.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I read an article a few weeks ago that during the reconstruction, they have discovered the use of iron staples being used that pre-date the what archaeologist had previously thought had come about a few hundred years later.
When we were there, the lines for the tour were so long that we never did get inside, I have several pictures of the outside of the cathedral, such beautiful construction. If I remember the article correctly, the reconstruction is ahead of schedule.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"