New Rug-Lin 336 sure looks like a winner to me.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

New Rug-Lin 336 sure looks like a winner to me.

Post by RIDERED350r »

Target Suite is another guntuber I follow. I like George, down to earth fellow. Well, he got a new 336 to review and it looks like Ruger has hit another one out of the park. Very attractive rifle. 👍🏻.

https://youtu.be/g8Bld1Y07Ak
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: New Rug-Lin 336 sure looks like a winner to me.

Post by TraderVic »

Wow, Ruger-Marlin sure is producing some nice rifles.....good to see they chose the high road regarding quality. The new 336 is beautiful. I would really like an 1894 357 carbine, however, it appears their first run of 1894's will be chambered in 44 mag. Groan.....I'm tired of waiting for the 357. A gunshop north of me has a BBS Henry 357 carbine on order, nice but I'd sure like a Marlin I think...
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

TraderVic, I have had a .357 Henry Big Boy Steel for 5 or 6 years and it really is a classy rifle. It is a little bulky but that's my only complaint. The wood and the checkering are beautiful, the fit is excellent and it feeds both .38s and .357s just fine.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Walt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:49 pm TraderVic, I have had a .357 Henry Big Boy Steel for 5 or 6 years and it really is a classy rifle. It is a little bulky but that's my only complaint. The wood and the checkering are beautiful, the fit is excellent and it feeds both .38s and .357s just fine.
Thanks Walt, it's encouraging to hear your experience with a Henry levergun.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

From what I've seen and handled at gun shops, I'd rather have a Marlin for the 357 - lighter weight especially the new little 16" ones - and 'save' the extra heft of the Henry for the 44 Mag or 45 Colt.

My wife has a 327 Fed Henry and it's not as light or handy as my 357 Mag Marlin. Both well made fine guns though. Of course 327 Fed ammo is Unobtainium, but that's a whole 'nother story... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:52 pm .
From what I've seen and handled at gun shops, I'd rather have a Marlin for the 357 - lighter weight especially the new little 16" ones - and 'save' the extra heft of the Henry for the 44 Mag or 45 Colt.

My wife has a 327 Fed Henry and it's not as light or handy as my 357 Mag Marlin. Both well made fine guns though. Of course 327 Fed ammo is Unobtainium, but that's a whole 'nother story... :roll:
FWIW, the Henry BBS Sidegate 357 carbine (16.5" barrel) is 6 1/2 lbs
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I got a bunch of .327 brass and bullets when they were available. I loaded up all I could, and there are still a pretty good number left. PillHer doesn't shoot much, so she has about a 10 year supply now.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost