tubi

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

tubi

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I try to walk every morning on the treadmill. Loosens me up for the day, and helps me manage my back pain. The treadmill is easier on my back and knees than pavement, and I don't have to worry about the weather. Also allows me to walk in front of a TV to distract me, because walking is BORING!

So, I discovered the "channel" called "tubi". Free movies, though you have to put up with advertisements. Tons and tons of old westerns. I went through a bunch of Charles Bronson movies, and this week I've been watching Apache-related westerns (Burt Lancaster, Chuck Conners, Audie Murphy...). If you are looking for some entertainment before Hollyweird went full filth and woke, this may be the channel for you!
JimT
Shootist

Re: tubi

Post by JimT »

I use it. The only thing I have against it is they did not spell "tubby" correctly. But I can overlook that.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Way back the last time I was married, we had a nice treadmill and a TV with full cable. I found that I could call up a hunting or fishing show and actually stay with it a while. I agree that a treadmill is otherwise pretty boring.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

My wife and I watch Tubi all the time. We love Tubi. We watch a lot of 70s, 80s, 90s horror movies and Tubi is great for that.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

I just set up Tubi on our ROKU and am still browsing the offerings..
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I put a comedy movie on Tubi for my dog when i leave for the day

I have found that it will keep rolling and play movies in whatever category in perpetuity for Lil' Grace's viewing pleasure. - i suspect she probably sleeps through most of it though
----- Doug
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Haha, yes! Sometimes after we watch a movie, my wife and I will let Tubi pick our next movie. Usually does a pretty good job.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

my knees and back don't tolerate a treadmill, but they DO toleratea recumbent (regular seat, pedals up front, instead of bicycle seat with pedals underneath you) bicycle, plus the recumbent exercise bike we got is 'magnetic' versus using pads for resistance, so nothing to wear out (had it 30 years and it only cosst $250 or so) - - - AND - - - it is virtually SILENT...! So it makes it easy to watch movies or do whatever (shoot practice laser-cartridge stuff at targets, etc)..
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

I sort of feel like I'm drifting through a geriatric ward here :lol:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

feels like the chill breeze of age-ism wafting thru the halls . . . :wink:

P.S. i never heard of tubi until today. must be harda hearing too . . .
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Agism hasn't got us all. I am gonna be 77 soon and I am in better shape than I was when I was 62.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:56 am I use it. The only thing I have against it is they did not spell "tubby" correctly. But I can overlook that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:30 pm Agism hasn't got us all. I am gonna be 77 soon and I am in better shape than I was when I was 62.
I'm going to be 59 in May, and other than my back, I'm in better shape than I was when I was 40. Well, I weigh less anyway. :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Tubi is not available in the UK so I content myself with old movies on YouTube. I must add that when I think it's time to end it all, I log on to Leverguns to see who is worse off than I am and then I count my blessings, 74 and still finding things to rebel against... :evil:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I’m gonna be 65 this year and except for tinnitus, I’m also in a different shape than when I was 40! :D
Rumble.com/ hickock45
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

"Round" is a shape, isn't it? :D
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Get yourself an Amazon Fire TV or a Roku, then load the app Kodi and install a build on it. Watch whatever you want whenever you want with no ads. I cut the cord years ago.

I can help anyone interested to get started with it if interested.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

RIDERED350r wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:01 pm Get yourself an Amazon Fire TV or a Roku, then load the app Kodi and install a build on it. Watch whatever you want whenever you want with no ads. I cut the cord years ago.

i have a samsung tv that is internet capable. IT IS SO SMART that it has the correct time for half the year.

i can cable the tv to my LAN.

Which Roku?

what is Kodi?

what is a build?

thanks very much

grizz
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Since nobody else has done it yet, I guess I just gotta! Tubi or not Tubi, THAT is the question! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 1894cfan on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Gave it a try. Not bad. I don't have any paid services except Prime and then only because it comes with the account. There is so much free content out there I can't understand why folks pay.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1894cfan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:41 pm Since nobody else has done it yet, I guess I just gotta do it! Tubi or not Tubi, THAT is the question! :shock: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Grizz wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 pm
RIDERED350r wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:01 pm Get yourself an Amazon Fire TV or a Roku, then load the app Kodi and install a build on it. Watch whatever you want whenever you want with no ads. I cut the cord years ago.

i have a samsung tv that is internet capable. IT IS SO SMART that it has the correct time for half the year.

i can cable the tv to my LAN.

Which Roku?

what is Kodi?

what is a build?

thanks very much

grizz
This website was a huge help to me. There are reviews on different apps and builds, step by step guides on how to set everything up. It's free to sign up and he doesn't spam your email with useless garbage. He just advertises for VPN service which I do use.

https://troypoint.com/kodi/

Kodi is basically an app.

A build is sort of a media center that puts everything in one place so it's easy to use.

I am not affiliated with that site in any way, I just use it and have been happy with it
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Lots of good info. Glad so many asked the questions first. I can use the info without looking so dumb. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

I am NOT a computer or tech savy kind of guy to say the very least. I've never had ANY kind of social media. email and a couple forums are the extent of my 'social media'.

However, I do know that I access Tubi via an amazon fire stick/tv - which is basically a little device that plugs into your TV via usually an HDMI cable and either uses WIFI or plugs right into your internet router with an ethernet cable. Roku is the same thing - just not associated with amazon. We went with the amazon stick because we already had a prime account and wanted to keep things as simple as possible.

so basically the amazon fire stick pretty much coordinates all of our TV 'stuff'. so when we turn on the TV, we can choose which "AP" we want to watch, netflix, hulu, or a variety of other ones that we can add on to our amazon account (usually for free) like Tubi. there are others, like shudder, and I don't remember all of them now. occasionally there will be a show that's available on some other app, so we'll add that one. also other apps/subscriptions you can add on like HBO, or cinamax, or showtime or whatever. so it's kind of like having cable tv, but through the internet and you have way more control over what you watch and when.

it all kind of made sense and worked well for us for the last decade or so, until new shows and movies started getting worse and worse, and after 2020, pretty much became completely unwatchable, which is why we almost never use netflix anymore. can't remember how long since we watched anything on hulu. occasionally there will be a show on one of them that we'll want to watch. I find myself more and more really regretting giving away my DVD collection when we got netflix, as any more even with all of these subscriptions it seems that we somehow still have to pay for a lot of movies we want to watch. seems weird right. pay for half a dozen subscriptions AND still have to pay to watch certain movies??? the old model for netflix was better, with the DVDs in the mail. you pay a set amount and you can order any DVDs you want. now netflix only has certain movies available and anything else you need to either find somewhere else for free (but with commercials - like tubi) or pay for it on amazon prime - and on prime, very few stuff is really free, and some movies cost way more than others, etc. ultimately it's all a scam, but slowly and over time it adds up and we keep paying. kind of like in the old days with the phone bill. remember that? you'd start paying some low amount per month, like $20 and then before you know it your phone bill was $80 month.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

We had Netflix streaming back when it was good. But I got rid of that several years ago.

Aside from my internet bill which I would have regardless, my TV and movies cost us $10/month for the VPN service and 17$/quarter for the debrid service that I use. The debrid service.is well worth it as it provides more and better streams to watch and very very seldom do I ever get buffering. Before going this route we were paying north of $150/month for satellite TV. Never again.

Check out that Troypoint link I posted above. You can load the Kodi app on just about any streaming device. The Amazon and Roku devices are the most popular to run Kodi on. Couple that with a descent VPN and debrid service and you can watch just about anything with zero commercials and no PPV or subscription fees.