new Colt double action - 3" or 6" bbl if u can only get one?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

new Colt double action - 3" or 6" bbl if u can only get one?

Post by Streetstar »

Treating myself to a new sixgun and have decided on a re-issued Python

This will probably be my last firearms purchase for a good little while as i really have all the bases covered for my needs (need is relative to be sure) --- but some medical issues plus the sting of a prolonged period without work caused me to decimate my former collection. Several nice Colts and i cant recall how many S&W's went out the door along with a few semi auto Glocks and Sigs ---- and a handful of big caliber lever guns. SHoulder problems compounded by the fact that i dont hunt anymore made these not so fun to have around.

i know that at my age, the value of these new issue critters probably isnt going to take off , but then again , i recall being offered a 4" stainless Python in 2007 for $800 and i took a pass. Those things had been around for 50 years before their value took off -- if i make it another 50 myself, im likely not going to give a flying flip about what my heirs are going to make off my gun collection

Leaning towards one of the factory engraved 3" barrel models as i think it looks incredible in person. ITs expensive, but ive lost much more money on dumber non firearm related things in the past.

That said - i really loved shooting my old Dan Wesson with 8" barrel - i had the whole pistol pack, but the 8" was the only i used an appreciable amount for plinking --- so with this in mind, the 6" calls to me also As an aside, the Fun Store had one of the new issue Anaconda's too in 6". Was an impressive looking machine

The 3" actually would fill a hole in my revolver collection that i dont have anymore since my 2.5" model 19 was also one that went out the door --- it was perfect to ride in a shortened duty holster while i did stuff around the homestead on my tractor

Anyway - all the misty eyed reminiscing aside - what say you guys' ? 3" or 6" ? I carried that old 2.5" L frame more than anything back in the day, but man the 8" Dan was sweet shooting -- and i know the most correct answer would be - why debate it , get both --- but i'm not trying to just accumulate a lot but rather get something i would honestly use.

guess its a nice dilemma to be in for now, but as said - this will be my last for a while
----- Doug
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new Colt double action - 3" or 6" bbl if u can only get one?

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey Doug, I may be experiencing dementia but I thought once upon a time we privately talked Harley's too. But I could very well be wrong as I have come, gone forever, and come back here finally. I am happy to see you back though, despite the hard times you have gone through.

As to the Colt dilemma, what are you planning on doing with it? A 3 inch in .357 is the best compromise for velocity and concealed carry. If your just going to be shooting targets, go with the 6 inch, that would be my worthless advice.

I'm glad your back...Long live the Twin Cam, before they made Harley's too smooth for the old guard.

Regards,

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

First off......
Tutt,
Yes, I agree! I'm still rolling my 96" Twin Cam from 2008. I'll NEVER go any newer. Never.

Streetstar,
I have one of the new Pythons, but mine is a 4.25". I realize this is the one barrel you aren't considering, but I have been happy with mine.
I too, sold a beautiful 2.5" RB model 19 Smith that I'd had for a long time. I carried it, but not a lot. Just never cared for that short of a barrel in .357.
While I do street carry my Python, it's usually in the cooler months, so a 4" isn't an issue for concealment. I woods carry it more, and so, value the velocity and shootability in the field. I'm sure the 6" is an excellent shooter. I just find I use my 6" revolvers less than my 4" guns.
I didn't particularly care for the grips from a shooting standpoint. I use my Python, so I swapped for some Pachmayr grippers. I much prefer the control, and the slimmer profile aids concealment. They also make it easier to use a speed loader. The trigger is wonderful in DA. Very smooth, predictable, and not heavy at all. The single action is very crisp, but stiffer than my older Smiths. It is getting better with use, however, so i dont plan on any modifications. Many are sending these guns to Heffron, who works magic for a very reasonable price. The rear sight is probably the worst part of the whole thing. It works fine, but could be tighter IMO (and many others). There are tricks to tighten them online, and Wilson makes an excellent replacement. I have done neither.
I carry mine in a Mernickle OWB holster.
Best of luck with your choice. I love mine.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I like the old Python's quite a bit . However I’ve never liked the way you released the cylinder on aColt DA it’s assbackwards to S&W’s or Ruger’s and just seemed un natural to me .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

CowboyTutt wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:44 pm Hey Doug, I may be experiencing dementia but I thought once upon a time we privately talked Harley's too. But I could very well be wrong as I have come, gone forever, and come back here finally. I am happy to see you back though, despite the hard times you have gone through.

As to the Colt dilemma, what are you planning on doing with it? A 3 inch in .357 is the best compromise for velocity and concealed carry. If your just going to be shooting targets, go with the 6 inch, that would be my worthless advice.

I'm glad your back...Long live the Twin Cam, before they made Harley's too smooth for the old guard.

Regards,

-Tutt

Probably so --- i just made one of those "Last time i'm doing this again" purchases in that category too last June. An '03 100th Anniversary Fat Boy. It looked like the former owner actually wanted a Heritage with the amount of stuff he put on it, but after i rode it around for a bit, i thought - "Dang- i AM getting older! I actually like the windscreen and the highway bars! " - so it still remains just like this

Came with this decal , so i figured the former owner was an alright guy :lol: - however decal has since been deleted. I dont like too many decals outside of what the factory applied

----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

OldWin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 am First off......
Tutt,
Yes, I agree! I'm still rolling my 96" Twin Cam from 2008. I'll NEVER go any newer. Never.

Streetstar,
I have one of the new Pythons, but mine is a 4.25". I realize this is the one barrel you aren't considering, but I have been happy with mine.
Thanks for the input! I actually felt like i had the 4" category covered with my old LAwman. Its kind of a hard use, carry while i'm on my tractor, machine too. - keep it loaded with first 3 rounds of snake shot with 3 full wadcutters behind it.

In my area, most critters i encounter are just crossing my field and mean no harm so the gun is mostly just there to make noise if i see an errant coyote sniffing around my pig enclosure
Last edited by Streetstar on Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

6pt-sika wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:22 am I like the old Python's quite a bit . However I’ve never liked the way you released the cylinder on aColt DA it’s assbackwards to S&W’s or Ruger’s and just seemed un natural to me .
Me too -- and it occurred to me that the dough one of these new ones cost would go a long way towards an original , however, i've had 3 pass through my hands over the years and rarely shot them. Its a sad state of affairs when you feel like something is too nice to shoot

But a new purchase would not hold that kind of mystique, and i like the thicker topstrap idea they are utilizing. I can relate to being used to one or the other. I've had a few Smith's over the years but am the opposite - always gravitating towards the Colt pull rather than the Smith push
----- Doug
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've had one of the 3" Pythons for about 6 months or so, I like everything about it, except the single action trigger pull. It measures over 6 pounds. I contacted Colt, but no response, The guys here came up with a Colt guru that's done a ton of Python triggers. I just need to get it off to him. My dad has the 6" version and loves it, but he's starting to complain about the weight. He just turned 82, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha more Colts is always better!
With that info, I'd probably go with the 3" between the 2. I think they look great. Yeah, that doesn't matter per-se', but in reality it always holds sway with me. :D

I'm 55 and still running a stripped FX Softail. Your FB looks really clean. And with me, it or a Heritage is much preferred to a "like everyone else" bagger.
I'll quit riding first. :D
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Streetstar wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm
That said - i really loved shooting my old Dan Wesson with 8" barrel - i had the whole pistol pack, but the 8" was the only i used an appreciable amount for plinking ---
I need to change "Had" to "Have" on this statement , while looking around for .357 or .38 ammo in my saferoom, i found the old brown mini-briefcase with an ugly yellow lining the Dan's came in - opened it up and sighed .
"Yep , wish i hadnt sold that one"

But then opened up a Pelican case the brown Dan case was sitting on and lo and behold, i guess the Dan missed the cut ! There it was still wearing the 8" barrel, along with the 6, 4 and 2 1/2. Can't find the barrel wrench though but still - was even better than finding a $20 bill in your pocket!

Since we live in a "Pics or it never happened" world (still hankerin' for a Python though)

----- Doug
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. WAY better than a 20!
That's a really nice revolver. My uncle had one and it was really neat.
Yeah, since you still have the Dan, I'd get the 3" Colt.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

2ndovc wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:44 pm I've had one of the 3" Pythons for about 6 months or so, I like everything about it, except the single action trigger pull. It measures over 6 pounds. I contacted Colt, but no response, The guys here came up with a Colt guru that's done a ton of
jb 8)
irritating having to get a $1500 gun worked on to reduce the trigger pull to less than that of an AR-15. Duly noted!
----- Doug
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Streetstar wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:07 pm
2ndovc wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:44 pm I've had one of the 3" Pythons for about 6 months or so, I like everything about it, except the single action trigger pull. It measures over 6 pounds. I contacted Colt, but no response, The guys here came up with a Colt guru that's done a ton of
jb 8)
irritating having to get a $1500 gun worked on to reduce the trigger pull to less than that of an AR-15. Duly noted!
Yup.
I haven't put a scale on mine. I don't have one, because feel is what I go by. I don't think mine was 6, but easily 5 or so. Being a new revolver (something I haven't had many of), I decided to try and use it awhile. I also run it dry a lot while watching TV. It has gotten substantially better, but still isn't where my late 1970s model 66 is. However, in all fairness, that 66 is pretty light, and had a 40 year head start.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I had a new 3" Python, but sold it. I don't really see a need for a 3" 357 magnum unless I was going to carry it concealed. The 6" is ideal to me for a hunting or target gun though.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

JB wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:34 pm I had a new 3" Python, but sold it. I don't really see a need for a 3" 357 magnum unless I was going to carry it concealed. The 6" is ideal to me for a hunting or target gun though.
Kind of what i was thinking at first, but then i found the Dan Wesson that i thought was long gone (CRS syndrome = Cant remember Squat) -- that thing is more accurate than i can shoot off of sandbags
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

OldWin wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:27 pm Yup. WAY better than a 20!
That's a really nice revolver. My uncle had one and it was really neat.
Yeah, since you still have the Dan, I'd get the 3" Colt.
Thats exactly what i did. Went back and committed to the 3" engraved model -- will post a pic or two when my 4473 clears. (ex .Mil -- i only get the mother may i to take one home same day maybe 40% of the time historically)

Like yourself, i have precious little experience with brand new revolvers. I think a J Frame Airweight and a Taurus .44 Special snub years ago , but neither one of those got enough range time to smooth out a trigger
----- Doug
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I have a 3.5 and a 6.5 inch Smith and Wesson 27. This solves any need for a Python. Now, if it was a 4 3/4 inch Colt single action in 44-40 or 38-40, I am in.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Still not here, but i have noted that my stores of 357 and 38 have dwindled down to less than a box.

Not really in the mood to dust off the old Rockchucker just yet, so ordered up 500 rounds each of .38 and 158 grain .357. Probably 2 years supply at the rate i shoot, plus will have brass for decades ! Although i have some old nickel /357 brass i need to load up just because i like the way it looks
----- Doug
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Go with the six inch. Beautiful revolver and you should carry a beater or a Ruger on the tractor anyway.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have shot a few .357s in 4 inch and 6 inch. Just my opinion, but a 4 inch barrel gives up very little in velocity and gains a lot in carry comfort. I would only get a 6 inch barrel for hunting or target shooting. For carrying, the 4 inch is hard to beat.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My Python is a 4". I've handled the 6" and the snubby version (2.5"?). The .357 is very accurate and handles sweetly from the 4". It's a shame Colt didn't release it in that length. I guess they were trying to appeal to the CCW and target crowds. For a lot of years when I would go outdoors it was always a toss up between the Python or S & W Combat Magnum. Both are great revolvers but of the two I'd give the S & W a very slight edge based on the cylinder release.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:44 am My Python is a 4". I've handled the 6" and the snubby version (2.5"?). The .357 is very accurate and handles sweetly from the 4". It's a shame Colt didn't release it in that length.

They have the 4" too. I believe the lineup so far 3", 4" and 6" with the 8" notably missing. Well, notable because if an 8 were available i wouldnt have had the debate between the 3 and the 6. The Dan W i pictured above is a nice shooter for sure, but i believe the 8" Python was a more accurate target shooter for me. Although the full underlug and vent rib likely help that a lot for putting holes in paper. Have not had the opportunity to try a Dan with the heavy barrel.
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Well - the Python finally made it home . I will get a range report as soon as i can. The case of ammo got here yesterday ! I was bummed that with a delayed 4473, you cant add additional items to it when you pick it up. I thought that was the case, but i was told thats only on same day purchases. HAd a Henry .22 shorty (trapper length) and a Walther P-38 in my eyesights (and the thought of solving the 3" vs 6" dilemma by just getting both was somewhat on my mind too ) , but when the fella told me id have to fill out a new 4473 i was out.
That takes it out of the "impulse buy" category and solidly into the "I'll have to give this one a think" category again --- which is why i started this thread in the first place - by declaring - "Last one for awhile "

But given that this is not an original, i plan to shoot this one as much as i can

On the way home

Not quite as enthusiastic as a critter on a car ride - but close

Then a posed shot at home with a little of my Sunday best habberdashery (a dolled up Spyderco given to me by my agency when i had a good year and a Doxa Professional dive watch)

----- Doug
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Doug, hurry up and shoot it so you don't have a change of heart and make it a safe queen!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Walt wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:31 am Doug, hurry up and shoot it so you don't have a change of heart and make it a safe queen!
Thats the plan - probably have an update on out of the box shooting tonight. A field trip to the range sounds appropriate today
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Well, the new Python is officially not an unfired safe queen. I wont call this an epilogue, because this project needs some more work. I will admit that i havent fired my other .357's probably in 4 years. Now i have a 3" model with an open metal backstrap - and you guys' know where i'm going with this, but after a few rounds downrange with full boost 158 gr soft points, i thought -- dang i hope i can work up to this with a bit of range time. The PAchmayers on the Lawman pictured help out a considerable amount and i was shooting my fixed sight "beater" much more effectively than the new gun.

I wont even go into the Dan Wesson. One would naturally expect an 8" barreled revolver to outperform a 3" model for putting holes in paper and the Dan didnt disappoint

The Python is not a lightweight by any stretch - i expected the weight to help , but was not the case as the compact snake had more muzzle flip than the bigger guns

So to wrap up the first range report - i felt good to keep a wheel full on an 8" target after 50 rounds. The LAwman (which i have a couple of thousand rounds through minimum) performed better but i'm not closing the book on the Python as a fun shooter yet -- i just need some more range time. I forgot how much a .357 barks.

I'll just shoot .38's until the patterns start to resemble groups then work it up - gonna take a few rounds for me.

After i packed up the revolvers, just out of curiosity since i hadnt shot my cold weather carry piece in a while either (a G19 gen 5) i stapled up one last target at 10 yards , assumed a weaver stance and ripped off a full magazine in 20 seconds and shook my head as it ten ringed the whole magazine with maybe a 4 inch spread with exception of a couple of flyers. It felt like shooting a toy after shooting the .357's but darned if it didnt lay down some practical center of mass accuracy

I actually brought out 2 Winchester 94's to hit the rifle range with also, - but it was a sunny 65 degree day and a Sunday, so a lot of other folks trying to cure cabin fever were out too so i just packed up and went home but was a good afternoon - and a learning experience at the same time

----- Doug
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Streetstar, I can only speak for myself, but please don't ever sell that Dan Wesson with the interchangeable barrel kit. I always wanted one of those, and deeply sorry that DW got out of the revolver business. Such a loss! As to the Python, its a beautiful gun for sure, and a keeper as well! So probably don't ever sell that one either.

I'm glad your happy and you still have 2 very, VERY NICE firearms. Don't let them go except to family this time!

Your friend,

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Beautiful! Congratulations on a great looking Colt.
I did the same thing when I first shot my Python. I hadn't shot any of my 357s in a while and had gotten pretty rusty. I dropped back to plus P 38 and it helped a lot. I really enjoy shooting and carrying mine.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:37 am Streetstar, I can only speak for myself, but please don't ever sell that Dan Wesson with the interchangeable barrel kit. I always wanted one of those, and deeply sorry that DW got out of the revolver business. Such a loss! As to the Python, its a beautiful gun for sure, and a keeper as well! So probably don't ever sell that one either.

I'm glad your happy and you still have 2 very, VERY NICE firearms. Don't let them go except to family this time!

Your friend,

-Tutt
Thanks Tutt! I wont let 'em go. Kind of my thought process behind just buying this one for now rather than replacing all my previously sold pieces in one fell swoop.
I'd rather get enough range time in with just one main revolver to become proficient with it. Time to find some leather for it. I wish EP Saddlery was more reliable, they catalog a lot of nice looking kit.
----- Doug
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

I bought the 3" new King Cobra. WOW!!! What a gem! It is built on Colts D frame and is very small for a .357, yet still 6 shots. It replaced my 5 shot Charter Arms Pug in 44 SPL. as my backpack gun. Shot the stuffing out of it on a 5 week western trip a couple of years ago, in 90 degree heat/dust, 40 degree rain, and even 20 degree snow (on the backpack in the Medicine Bows) with NO cleaning using 38 Long Colts, 38 Spls, and 357 mags. I wanted to do my own torture test. My buddy is happy I bought it because I now have zero use for the Charter and he wants that! Had 2 of the old Colt Pythons (1965 and 1970) but after trying out the new KC decided that perhaps a new Python is in my future too, so I sold the 1965 Python I had. May sell off the 1970 too but I sure love the look of the bluing on it. As to your question it really comes down to your usage. Target gun at the range spending time mostly in the plastic carrying case? 6" barrel. Woods walking gun spending time mostly in a holster on your hip? 4" barrel. Backpacking/ concealed carry/ glove compartment gun? 3" barrel.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

coyote nose wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:37 pm . As to your question it really comes down to your usage. Target gun at the range spending time mostly in the plastic carrying case? 6" barrel. Woods walking gun spending time mostly in a holster on your hip? 4" barrel. Backpacking/ concealed carry/ glove compartment gun? 3" barrel.

I bought the 3" gun and plan to use it for all of the above uses. ITs already been christened at the range and has done a little glovebox duty in the car and also small of the back carry when im on my motorcycle.

No dedicated leather yet, i have just been using what i had for the 4" Lawman pictured above

Like others have said, single action trigger is a tad stiff, but it will likely work out fine with enough rounds downrange. Maybe its an age thing but i like carrying this work of art more than my Glock 19 , --- which in my hands is embarrassingly more capable in both the accuracy and speed of follow up shots, even when i ignore the mag capacity --- however im working on it. soft shooting 9mm vs a all metal 357 filled with stiff full power loads -- go figure
----- Doug
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I just installed the Wilson Combat rear sight on mine this week. I haven't shot it yet, but wow! A vast improvement.
While the factory sight is ok, it is definitely the weakest link in the new Pythons IMO.
Adjustments are too fussy, and while it may retain zero fine (as my example did), I found it weighing on my mind all the time. I promised myself from the get go my Python would be a working gun. So far it has been. I have been very happy with it. It is dimensionally perfect, with very nice fit and finish. I knew the sight could be an issue, as others had expressed, but I figured that was more easily fixed than big "warnings" stamped in it or extra holes in the side. :D
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

OldWin, sights mean a lot, good on you for doing that and sharing it! -A-

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:48 am OldWin, sights mean a lot, good on you for doing that and sharing it! -A-
No problem. I agree! Sights are very important. Especially on a handgun with enough oomph to shoot extended ranges. I'll try and get a pic up.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am not capable of point shooting. Too many issues. With sights I can do good enough. I have replaced the sights on a few guns, and they have improved my ability to see the sights and to hit the target. The number of companies making aftermarket sights leads me to believe that better sights help a bunch of us.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Here are some crappy pics of the Wilson rear sight on my Python. They also make a U-notch version, but all my adjustable sight revolvers are square, so I stuck with it for consistency. They also make a bunch of front sight options.
If you consider ordering, they are normally listed as out of stock. I got a tip from the Colt forum to just place the order anyway. Mine shipped within a few days.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks good to me.
D. Brian Casady
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

OldWin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:51 am I just installed the Wilson Combat rear sight on mine this week. I haven't shot it yet, but wow! A vast improvement.
While the factory sight is ok, it is definitely the weakest link in the new Pythons IMO.
Adjustments are too fussy, and while it may retain zero fine (as my example did), I found it weighing on my mind all the time. I promised myself from the get go my Python would be a working gun. So far it has been. I have been very happy with it. It is dimensionally perfect, with very nice fit and finish. I knew the sight could be an issue, as others had expressed, but I figured that was more easily fixed than big "warnings" stamped in it or extra holes in the side. :D

Good to know. When I learn to manage the recoil on mine, I will look into upgrading the sights. Like yourself, I didn’t pay what these things cost to have a gun to weigh down the night stand

Corvettes are built to be ran hard as well as look good - to use a car comparison
----- Doug
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
I still haven't got out to shoot mine with the new sight yet. It's still pretty wet in the woods here and I haven't tried getting into the range.