Interesting show this morning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Interesting show this morning

Post by 2ndovc »

One of the larger shows in the area, and usually big crowds, but it was fairly quiet this morning. I'd taken along a AK that I didn't really care for and honestly just wanted to get away from work for a few hours. We're getting some of the claims from Kentucky's storms a week ago and helping with the overflow.
Noticed the Marlin bubble seems to be coming back down, at least around here. Spotted several .45-70s @ $800 or less. Lots of good vintage military, but nothing I couldn't live without.
A kid, mid-twenties stopped me a couple times asking about the Romanian underfolder I was toting around. Asked what I wanted and then siad, he had to find his dad, but he find me later. About half an hour later, he was tugging at my jacket. Asked again how much, then said he wanted to make an offer, but was afraid I'd get mad. Made me laugh. Finally got it out of him, he was about a hundred bucks low as he's digging through his wallet. I told him that was good enough, $100 was no big deal. Kid lit up like a Christmas tree! We checked licenses, handed me the cash and shook my hand. Told him to be careful and don't do anything stupid. :D
I remember those days, a lot of us probably do, when we just didn't have the cash for whatever at the time, was something cool and just had to have.
Hopefully that kid will do the same when he's old enough that he doesn't have to worry about that last $100.

Have a good day, guys!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JimT
Shootist

Re: Interesting show this morning

Post by JimT »

"May you always do for others,
And let others do for you."

-Bob Dylan .. Forever Young-
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtFEzhaNrT4

It is said that ann & sam & jake and their other two dozen + half siblings are still envious at jess for their dad writing a hit song for him.....
m.A.g.a. !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Nice. Well done sir.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I'm glad you helped him out. You apparently liked the young man and were appreciative of his sincerity and humility. Good for you. I remember a couple of similar incidents from back when I was a young whippersnapper and I'll never forget them. It takes a special person to be somewhat parental to a young stranger.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guys!

It was just one of things that make you feel good. He reminded me of myself at that age. Just a big happy kid, but about a foot shorter. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well done Jason! :D