Jumping Jack Splash

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Jumping Jack Splash

Post by Old No7 »

Here's my boy "Jack Daniels" (black label, of course!) jumping off the dock while on vacation last summer. I've seen better dog jumpers on some Ducks Unlimited TV shows, but I'm amazed at the form he uses and how it evolves while he's in the air.

It MUST be ingrained, as I never had to teach him this.

These are images snagged from a video, so they aren't perfectly sharp, but you'll get the idea...

( Click any image to enlarge )

Here's his starting position after the jump off the dock -- tail up, in a classic Superdog pose:
Jumpin Jack (1) sm.jpg
As he gets closer to the water, he brings his rear legs up tight -- ready for downward thrust upon impact -- while his front legs start to come down (just like landing gear):
Jumpin Jack (2) sm.jpg
Contact! All 4 legs are probably starting their push to keep his head up, and his neck/head are still held high:
Jumpin Jack (3) sm.jpg
He's in here somewhere...
Jumpin Jack (4) sm.jpg
He will do this over and over, and never seems to get tired of it.

I just think it's pretty amazing how he flies and then prepares for the landing -- all without attending flight school. :wink:

Cheers!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Old No7 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Jumping Jack Splash

Post by Old No7 »

Really weird...

Per the problems noted in my "Server Error" posting, this is the one sentence which caused the server error every time............

"Surface! Make my depth zero feet" said the sub commander, and somewhere in this huge splash he's pushing down hard with his webbed toes to keep his head up:

That was supposed to go with the 4th image above -- nothing offensive at all, VERY weird that those words stopped the original posting.

Old No7

Edit to add: BUT they didn't stop THIS REPLY ? ! ? ! WTF???
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I love to see dogs enjoying the water, Labradors especially, their enthusiasm to get cold and wet just to retrieve a duck is amazing... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have had 6 Labradors in my life( so far! ) and 5 have liked water, 2 loved water.
One would dive and swim underwater to chase crippled ducks.
Claro, my chocolate will swim like a fish but she refuses to go out in the rain!
Dixie was my yellow. She was fantastic at retrieving but would not go in water past her elbows no matter what I tried. Show her a mud puddle and look out! Her wallowing in puddles would make a boar hog proud!
Winnie would swim but it was just to prove she could.
Parker will swim but prefers the sprinkler or hose.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

[quote="Old No7"

"Surface! Make my depth zero feet" said the sub commander, and somewhere in this huge splash he's pushing down hard with his webbed toes to keep his head up:

Edit to add: BUT they didn't stop THIS REPLY ? ! ? ! WTF???
[/quote]

it is possible your isp is blocking this. there are ways of detecting what your isp is doing. there is a complete how-to on Gibson's site: grc.com , which is set up in part to test your connection and the security of your network...

it is possible that the leverguns site has a filter triggered, like when it alters spelling. not likely. but you need to clear your isp as the first step. you can also use a packet sniffer to look at the traffic both ways, which might show you where the flag comes from. maybe.

beautiful dog BTW. it's a joy to watch them when they are enjoying themselves!

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Grizz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 am it is possible your isp is blocking this. there are ways of detecting what your isp is doing...
Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.

Old No7
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks as if he is having a great time. Once my Wife's dog gets his cone off and the stitches out, I will let him outside again. I better have my camera ready because he will be going over the fence at full speed. He is about 2 foot tall, and at full jump is over 7 feet in the air. Nearer to 8 feet. Terrierist mix. He thinks he is Iron Man. He got out and got in a fight with a much larger dog and got the skin ripped up on his left front leg. The dummy thought it was great fun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost