Tax Time Again, time for a new Henry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jstanfield103
Levergunner

Tax Time Again, time for a new Henry

Post by jstanfield103 »

Ok Guy's/Girl's

Tax Time Again, Time for a new Henry

Well I have been working on it ever since buy it. I am a shorter fella so I always have to cut the LOP down to 12.5" which I did on this rifle. Bought a used Military style sling for it that was shortened by someone. I had lengthen it back to an original length with some leather that I sewed in. I originally bought a Henry saddle ring, they are good for the 22's but a little small for the BB rifles. While drilling the receiver for the saddle ring I broke the tap off in the hole. Oops, so I ordered a Winchester that took a bigger hole and tap and re drilled and tapped the same hole in the receiver.

So here is what was done.

1. Sling put on
2. Saddle ring ( which I put on all my rifles, yes a bling kind of thing)
3. Marble Bullseye rear sight
4. Cut LOP to 12.5"
5. Wrapped the Big Loop Lever

Rifle fits perfect and can't wait to get it out to my range this weekend.

Ysabel Kid

Re: Tax Time Again, time for a new Henry

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Tax time again, time for Big Brother to kick me in the nuts again even after they stole significantly from me all year long. :evil: :evil: :evil:

But cool that you got that rifle and customized it! :mrgreen:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:21 pm Tax time again, time for Big Brother to kick me in the nuts again even after they stole significantly from me all year long. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Exactly! What really burns my rear is the folks that haven't paid any tax into the system getting a $4,000 "refund"!
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:26 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:21 pm Tax time again, time for Big Brother to kick me in the nuts again even after they stole significantly from me all year long. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Exactly! What really burns my rear is the folks that haven't paid any tax into the system getting a $4,000 "refund"!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

For all the years that we participated with insurance, the monthly revenues would drop severely between Thanksgiving and Easter. Around about Thanksgiving insurance companies start figuring that if they can delay covering anything that there's a good chance the insurance will change on January 1st since so many people get insurance through their employers and their employers are always changing plans. So it's in the insurance company's best interest to delay payments on just about everything and to make getting tests or new drugs or consultations approved next to impossible. Then after the first of the year there is a big rush and the primary care doctors are swamped trying to coordinate all the referrals and make sure they have the new insurance cards from the patients and all that. Plus patients don't want to pay their bill because they want you to file it with their insurance even though they've not met their deductible so you have to file it with their insurance and then you'll get paid in May or June for stuff you did In january.

Kind of like farmers, you learn to deal with it because you know you're going to get a great big into the month business owner left over profits type check in May and June but you better not spend it all because you need to hold it aside for November through March that following year.

But what really stinks is you still have to pay that first quarterly tax payment based on your estimated or imputed income so you're making your first quarterly tax payment of $18,000 or so that may be based on an estimated annual income of $80,000 and yet between Thanksgiving and February you may have only had $2,500 total in pre-tax pay... :evil:

I don't think people should be allowed to vote unless they're either over 40 years of age or have run a business.... :o
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jstanfield103
Levergunner

Post by jstanfield103 »

I always claim single 0 dependents. I always have gun money at the end of the year and that is when I buy most of my guns. Taxes are what they are so you just have to deal with them the best way that you can. It sucks big time but it is life in the good old USA
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Adding a new Henry is always a good thing, great company to support! 🙂
jstanfield103
Levergunner

Post by jstanfield103 »

Thank you
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:21 pmI don't think people should be allowed to vote unless they're either over 40 years of age or have run a business.... :o
And own real estate! darn Doc, touch a nerve?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Very nice rifle!! Nice job on the customizations!

I'll never understand why Henry rifles have such a long LOP. I prefer a shorter LOP also - 13" - 13.25". The old savage and winchester leverguns were in that range.

I must be slow or something, but I didn't catch what caliber the rifle is.