UPDATE .. the old H&R pistol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

UPDATE .. the old H&R pistol

Post by JimT »

The H&R is back together and working. Thanks to Sixgun's suggestion I took a Bic lighter apart and was able to make a return spring for the single action sear. Now all the gun needs is a set of grips which I will order this week.

BEFORE
1a.jpg
NOW
IMG_4900.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: UPDATE .. the old H&R pistol

Post by gamekeeper »

I save springs from ball point pens and have used them on the firing pins of hammer guns, I also helped a gunsmith get a Marlin ejecting again with the spring from a Swiss Army knife scissors. Glad you got that old revolver working again Jim, show us a picture when you fit it with grips..... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I shall!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Excellent stuff sir.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Man! That baby would take center stage at the Timonium show this month!…….You’d have a line of 50 hood rats waiting to get their hands on it…..

That is a neat accomplishment though……taking a nothing gun and making it work. It would make an excellent “yard gun” when running the tractor, fixing fence posts, etc.

Ya done good Jim…..

Just a suggestion…..in case you get bored…….take it apart and sand blast it with a mild abrasive, very mild, not sand……
Then rust blue it and get some sort of grips on it……that tape looks like an inner city gunsmith job.:D——-006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Thanks Sixgun. :D I have a set of original grips ordered. I will get them on post haste once I have them.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

What a metamorphosis! Wish I had some .38b S&W brass to send, but it has been more than 30 years since I had a Smith "Victory" model in that chambering. In fact my first wife may still have it. :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bic lighter spring. What a creative solution!!!